“Clean and quite”

Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was on the outskirts of Bathgate and 5 minutes from the motorway M8 and 15 minutes from Livingstone Designer Outlet.

The hotel room looked familiar to some of the other Premier Inns I have stayed in and unfortunately was not as well laid out as our stay in the Premier Inn Stirling Hotel.

Unfortunately, this had the TV hanging on top of the wardrobe and proves difficult to sit and watch comfortably from the lounger at the other end of the bedroom. Why can’t they just hang the TV on the wall in the middle of the room?

The room was clean as well as the linen, as one would expect.

The receptionist was very helpful when we asked him for a local map of the area, he duly printed one out for us free of charge.

The breakfast was waitress serviced. You order your meal with her and then she brings it to you.

On this occasion I ordered the full English Breakfast.

Unfortunately, the bacon was very dry and over cooked as well as the two hash-browns. I did not complain to the waitress, and decided to eat elsewhere for the rest of our 3 day stay.

There is a Toby next to the Hotel and they advertise Eat as Much as you like Breakfast at HALF the price! Should have read that before going down to the Premier Inn restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
William C, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Johnny K

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Livingston Bathgate.

Our Premier Inn is a few years older than Stirling, hence the different style of wardrobe. We are to receive a refurbishment in the next few years and our TV's will then be situated in the same area.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy our All you can eat breakfast, we usually receive compliments regarding our breakfast offerings and I have passed your comments on to the chef. We would have preferred to speak to you about this at the time to allow us the opportunity to replace your breakfast and refund you, if you could please email me your reservation details to operationsmanager.livingstonbathgate@whitbread.com and I will ensure a full refund for breakfast is processed.

Toby Carvery do offer a lovely breakfast however it is not All you can eat, the basic breakfast can start off cheaper than our own but when you add on tea, coffee, juices, toast etc the price can increase to sometimes more than our own All you can eat offering less value for money.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay. I hope we will see you again and that you can enjoy the normal high standard breakfast we offer.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Staff make this place a top stay. I'm staying here tonight (17th July)with my boyfriend. Check in was swift, we arrived 15 minutes before check in and room was ready. Receptionist friendly and helpful. The girl that finished her shift at 11pm (didn't catch any names!) was lovely, helpful and happy to chat. Rooms are really nice and the Toby Carvery next door is really worth the money. Large glass of wine, pint, two carverys and two pudding came to £23. A great place to relax at. In great hands. Well impressed. Would recommend to anybody and will hopefully be back!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gmc91

Dear Gmc91

Thanks for a lovely reveiw. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you think the team make the hotel! The team are all very happy indeed with your comments.

I am also pleased you had a lovely, relaxing meal in the Toby Carvery next door and at a reasonable price too.

I do hope you can find a good excuse and come back to stay soon.

Thanks again for your kind words,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was a standard Premier Inn which is a good hotel to stay with, always nice rooms and good staff. I prebooked breakfast which I have before with Premier Inn and have never had a complaint before, however the food in this hotel was terrible over cooked, tasteless, dry and obviously had not been cooked fresh.

2  Thank PaddyP1970

Dear PaddyP1970

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and the lovely comment about nice rooms and good staff.

I am sorry to read your breakfast wasnt the normal high standard you have come to expect. We do cook or breakfast fresh and to order and I have passed this on to the chef.

If you didnt speak to the team about this at the time and get a refund for your breakfast please email me your reservation details to operationsmanager.livingstonbathgate@whitbread.com and I will make sure you receive a refund.

Thanks again and I hope we will see you again soon and you can enjoy the normal high standard breakfast we usually offer.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

an excellent stay at a premier inn that took over a holiday inn express which meant slightly smaller rooms than normal but great value as I booked ahead of time. Welcoming staff and four good. Nights sleep after watching grandchildren during the day

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ScotinAlabama

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you enjoyed 4 nights with us and more importantly 4 good nights sleep, I am sure after looking after grandchildren you needed the sleep.

I do hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Only stayed for one evening on our way North. Hotel was easy to find and had plenty of parking. Welcome at Reception was friendly and welcoming and check in was quick and efficient. Room was as I would expect from Premier Inn - clean and well maintained.

Would stop here again if in the area. Didn't have breakfast as rarely do at Premier Inn due to cost (would much prefer a pay as you pick option as we don't eat that much for breakfast).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
William C, Manager at Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear GertieSquirt

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the room clean and well maintained and that the team were friendly and welcoming as this is our aim for all guests.

I do hope we will see you again and that we can convince you to try our all you can eat breakfast, either the full cooked Premier or Continental. It really does start you off for the day ahead.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having been conned into a trip to Scotland as taxi drivers to our two lads (17 and 21 yrs old) to take them to T in the Park we wanted to choose somewhere not to expensive but clean and in a central position to visit Edinburgh and other beauty spots. This Premier Inn is an excellent base. We received a lovely welcome from a young lady called Kimberley (who was also visiting Tm in the Park for the rest of the weekend). The room itself was spot on. Great comfy bed, sofa, TV, writing desk and clothes hanging facilities. Bathroom had a shower which was one of the most powerful I have used in this type of hotel. Ladies, their is also a hair dryer. The room was clean and cleaners look in each day, if you wish.
What made our stay in particular though was the staff. Every single one of them actually looked as though they wanted to be at work! A great young man called Tom gave us some cracking advice regarding a restaurant called Tony Macaronis which was actually one of the best meals we have had, thank you for the tip off. Another lovely chap was Brian ( the night reception) who again couldn't do enough for you. All in all a very enjoyable stay which due to the staff has made us decide to visit again, next time without being taxi drivers, lol.

1  Thank joanneoboyle

Dear Joanneoboyle

Thank you so much for this lovely review. It really does make our job worthwhile when someone leaves as happy as you have.

I have shown these comments to the 3 team members you have mentioned and they too are really pleased they helped you to enjoy your stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed T in the Park even with the rain on Saturday and its great that you plan on visiting again when not on taxi duty. There are lots of great things to do in the area from Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile to the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies.

I do hope we will see you again and thanks once more for taking the time to write this fantastic review.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding at The Vu. The staff were excellent at check in and called us a taxi to get to the wedding. The room was fantastic, very clean and modern. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in! There was the usual hotel noise of people talking in the corridor and opening/closing doors.
The only thing that disappointed me about our stay was that a cleaner entered the room in the morning whilst we were still asleep in bed!! I mentioned this on check out and was told it was because we had not put a do not disturb sign on the door. As we were only staying one night I assumed we would not be disturbed as the room would not be cleaned until after we had checked out. We were hoping to sleep late (due to wedding the night before) and check out at 12pm but because of this disturbance we were awake before 10am!
Great price for our stay though!

Room Tip: Room 114 was very comfortable and modern.