“Wedding weekend”
Review of Cairn Hotel

Cairn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Great wedding, very well organised, food delicious and service impeccable. My only negative comment would be the bedroom was very cramped, other than that couldn't fault it. Staff very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Family rooms are obviously bigger to accommodate baby cots etc.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Cairn Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were very helpful and friendly and the room was clean and confortable . bathgate is in a great location between Glasgow and Edinburgh with easy transport routes by train to both these cities . The evening meals are very well priced and great quality. I would definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: August 2014
Robert H, Owner at Cairn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback after your recent stay.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and our food offering to be of a high standard and also that our staff were friendly and helpful.

I am pleased that you would recommend our hotel to others and thank you again for leaving your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly Staff, nice clean room,beds and shower room. Didn't try breakfast as we slept in , lovely hotel. Reasonably priced. Only down was we were waken by the cleaner, but as we had slept in maybe it wasn't too bad. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We only stayed one night so didn't have time for anything but sleep and shower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Cairn Hotel.

It's great to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and clean and our staff to be friendly.

I am sorry if our housekeeping disturbed you in the morning and it was a shame you did not have time to sample our excellent breakfast offering.

I am pleased to hear that you would stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

this is a great hotel very clean staff bend over backwards to help we went for dinner here all week on our holidays unfortunitly there was no rooms at the time of booking our holidays but never the less even tho we werent residents we were treated as equal as if we were we stayed here at xmas time tho and were treated with great respect looking forward to staying here next year again

Room Tip: room 103 is a great room as they put 3 single beds in it for me and my two teenage sons great room i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank flynner18

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback after your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted you found our food and beverage offering to be of a high standard and our staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. The team work hard on their service skills to make sure that all our guests feel valued.

Thank you again for your very kind words about our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for 15 in the Cairn's Bar & Grill to celebrate my Dad's 70th Birthday. The table was booked way in advance and some of the party who do not live in the area booked a room for the night too.
It was important that we were all together to celebrate his birthday. I cannot express enough our huge dissapointment when we arrived that evening to find our party had been split between 2 tables back to back! Which made it extremely difficult for everyone to come together as a whole family. With some elderly relatives feeling left out, and the grandchildren sitting at a different table from their grandfather. When we complained about this set up, I was advised they were so busy they were unable to accomodate us all at 1 table. And that someone had called me earlier to check that this was ok. I assured the waiter that no one had done so and if they had, I would never have accepted this. We spoke with the manager who could not apologise enough.. but still nothing was to be done to resolve this rediculous situation. As way of apology we were offered bottles of Prosecco on the house. Generous as this was, they did not appear to understand nor value the most important aspect of the whole evening was for the whole family to be together at 1 table!
The food was fair, waiter service was fair however our overall experience was a massive let down. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LinMcpin
Robert H, Owner at Cairn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your comments.

Please accept my apologies for the mix up over your table. I am very sorry that your party was split up and seated on 2 tables back to back. This should never have happened hence the reason we gave you bottles of Prosecco as way of an apology. However I do understand this did not make up for the fact that your family was not seated together and spoilt your evening.

I do hope you will return to the Cairn at some point in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

we have just spent an over night at this hotel. we were there for a wedding which was lovely. our overnight stay included breakfast. room was lovely and clean. breakfast was buffet style but we were served by staff. food lovely and warm freshly cooked.would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert H, Owner at Cairn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback after your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and our food to be so good.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I hope that we will see you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Took my mother for her Birthday on Fathers Day, We never booked and were lucky to get a table, it was excellent service and great food in nice surroundings. The staff were great and very efficient-nothing a bother and delivered good customer service to all. I will most certainly return.
I was however not impressed with the entrance and could have been tempted not to enter, glad I did. I would advise the hotel if they could do one thing to improve, it is fix the carpet on revolving door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Robert H, Owner at Cairn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time post a review after your recent visit to our restaurant.

I am delighted that you found the food and service to be so good and the staff to be efficient and friendly.

With regards the carpet on the revolving door we are in the process of looking into replacing this.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Mercure Livingston
Leith
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh
#79 of 150 in Edinburgh

Been to Cairn Hotel? Share your experiences!