“prime location” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1912

1912
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Bathgate
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“prime location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

the clientele were so far up there own back side munching on cheese and wine on sunday after noon looking down their noses at me and my partner who were having a laugh over our lunch all the tuts and looks and l ain`t no ned and my partner certainly ain't one either, even the staff were giving the looks of disgust and No were we`er drunk and ain't cheap either .Sadly the service is apathetic and the food is lacklustre at best. so won`t be going back

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank dsurt1

Edinburgh
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very let down by the level of service. Good food & drink but staff more interested in chatting to each other rather than looking after their customers. Won't be back and won't recommend.

4 Thank gheathe
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“It's gotten worse!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

So I tried to rationalise that the place was new, would have teething problems and eventually sort them out. I was wrong. I came to meet some friends one of whom lives abroad so she really wanted to try out "Bathgates trendy new eatery". Well none of us were happy with the 'meal' nor the slow service. The room is lovely but the proprietors need to get on top of the glaring issues, namely terrible, overpriced food and uninterested staff. I can't for the life of me understand how some reviewers are saying the food is good. It's abysmal. Avoid.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
19 Thank Dave M
West lothian
“Could be a shining star but isn't ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I am a regular to this place because the food is good, entertainment on Sundays good and the owner is a nice guy. Unfortunately the poor service is a constant let down. Even more so it's sad to see the place so poorly managed and staff lack training and guidance. The manager sets a poor role model constantly turning people away when the place is half empty saying the tables are reserved, yes for 2 hours later! Staff are all over place and often do not know how to make the cocktails. Although I am a regular the manager still does not greet me with a smile and always makes me feel like he is doing me a favour. I know many people who have been treated the same so now do not go. I hope you read this David and let your manager know the standards you expect as funnily enough when you are in it's much better service.

7 Thank WestlothianMercedes
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited 1912 for the first time. It has a good trendy bistro vibe about it with friendly and efficient staff who are smartly dressed. The menu was simple but good. The quality of the food was very good I had the chicken and guacamole wrap. You could taste the freshly cooked chicken which was lovely. Presentation was good. My husband had the burger which he said was very good. Overall it was good value for money. This place is definitely an asset to Bathgate. We will certainly return.

1 Thank June164