Review of 1912

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arrived on a Sunday after being told over the telephone no need to book a table. After various staff walked straight past us... We looked around and took to one of the empty tables only to be told it was reserves for later. As were all the rest... Manager was rude and made us feel very Unwelcomed and we were left feeling very stupid. We walked out.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank Karen O

Abbotsford, British Columbia
“Gotta love home cooking!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm a few months behind in writing this review, now that we have returned from our trip. We were invited to have breakfast at this eclectic little bistro in the heart of Bathgate. Upon entering, we were greeted in a friendly and welcoming manner. As I looked around, I was impressed with how much work has been done to modernize this restaurant. The menu was simple, and unprentious. Being a guy with a hearty appetite, I chose the "meat lovers" breakfast complete with haggis! I wasn't disappointed, it was tasty and just enough. For some unknown reason I kept eyeballing my wife tucking into her "eggs benny". She said that her breakfast was great, but she wouldn't give me a taste. Speaking of great, I must mention the coffee. After touring all around Scotland, a good cup of coffee is as rare as finding "Nessie", but I think I may have found the place. The staff in this establishment know how to make a "real cup of coffee" much like that brand named after a famous Canadian hockey player. In conclusion, if this little restaurant can keep the meals consistant, it will do very well. I will be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SteveHall
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“prime location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

the clientele were so far up there own back side munching on cheese and wine on sunday after noon looking down their noses at me and my partner who were having a laugh over our lunch all the tuts and looks and l ain`t no ned and my partner certainly ain't one either, even the staff were giving the looks of disgust and No were we`er drunk and ain't cheap either .Sadly the service is apathetic and the food is lacklustre at best. so won`t be going back

• Visited April 2014
9 Thank dsurt1
Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very let down by the level of service. Good food & drink but staff more interested in chatting to each other rather than looking after their customers. Won't be back and won't recommend.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank gheathe
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“It's gotten worse!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So I tried to rationalise that the place was new, would have teething problems and eventually sort them out. I was wrong. I came to meet some friends one of whom lives abroad so she really wanted to try out "Bathgates trendy new eatery". Well none of us were happy with the 'meal' nor the slow service. The room is lovely but the proprietors need to get on top of the glaring issues, namely terrible, overpriced food and uninterested staff. I can't for the life of me understand how some reviewers are saying the food is good. It's abysmal. Avoid.

• Visited July 2014