“What happenened To Kaim Park”
Review of Kaim Park Hotel

Kaim Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The Kaim Park 5/6 years ago used to be the place to eat. Great quality food at great prices with a great atmosphere. You had to book all the time. The place now is terrible. Foods slow and cold. The menu is terrible.The place has been run down to an inch of its life. It is terrible to see it like this. The owner who used to have it moved to the Fairway. It is fantastic there!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank michael l

Reviewed 26 July 2013

On looking at its website, I thought, nice, a good looking hotel 40 minutes outside the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh near a train station. Well, firstly, the façade and lobby were nicely decorated at first glance, and that's where it started to go wrong. I'd phoned up 48 hours previous to enquire about an early check in as I'd wanted to go into Edinburgh for the day with my friend, and was told it wouldn't be a problem as check out was 11am. and we'd be there at 1pm. We got there, and 'no I don't have any record of that and I'm afraid your rooms aren't ready'. Ok, not the best but we were offered the opportunity to check in and leave our ,bags, which we took. On return at 9pm from a day in the city we picked up our keys and went to the room through the restaurant, which was awkward down through a maze of stairs to our rooms. The rooms were tired, bland, and miserable. They looked like they'd been painted with a mop, and there was electrical tape seemingly holding the smoke alarm together. The carpets were filthy and the shower was covered in mildew and mould. Insects were all over the room, and the bed is possibly the most uncomfortable hard lumpy bed I've ever had the displeasure of not sleeping on. After a restless night, my friend and I decided to go to breakfast and just get out of there. Breakfast promised much and delivered little, it was cold and inedible, left it, grabbed our bags and left. This hotel with a little better management, and some money spent on accommodation and carpets, could be a great little place, shame it pretty much failed across the board.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gazod
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding, when we checked in we were told dinner wod be served until 9pm we came down at 8.30 and were told they are not serving any more! Asked why and we were told there was only one chef on and it was too busy, why there was only one chef on when the hotel was full I have no idea! We stayed in room 7 it was nice but it was above the public bar it was very noisy on the first night it was very noisy until 3am and on the second night it was noisy until 5am. Breakfast service was also terrible we were not told anything we could see we could help ourselves to fruit juice, cereal and toast but we were waiting ages for someone to take our order for hot food it was only once we asked another guest they told us the hot food was in a seperate room. I would not recommend staying here it was far to noisy and service was not very good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for a wedding (we are from 'dan saff) and were really concerned after reading the reviews.
However hotel turned out to be ok, food in the restaurant was quite nice, I requested a specific room because of reviews and this was granted......but.....we ended up having no hot water in our room for the whole of our 2 night stay (we did have an electric shower that did work), although informing them of this several times over the weekend no one seemed to show much urgency to fix the problem, it was only on checking out, and asking for a reduction in our bill we were told they were awaking delivery of a part to fix the problem.
On a positive note all staff seemed really friendly and polite, restaurant staff worked really hard.
In summary I would say the hotel is ok, it's a tired old hotel that just needs some attention to spruce it up, and hot water would be nice :-)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 20 which was nice and quiet and at the end of the corridor which meant no passing g...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

came back to the kaim park after a few years away from the place back in march 2013 and i was pleased to find that the food had much improved (the reason we never came back since then was because of the food)so it was nice to see they had improved with a new menus at all so me and my family made a point to go back there as often as we could but it seems that for the last couple of week they have went back to their old ways,our food order took so long that we were ready to leave,and when we finally got our dinner it was uneatable,(and that's being polite about it)we should have complained but having had to wait such a long time in the place we just wanted to pay our bill and get away from there.i would never come back here again.shame as they seems to had nailed it down to become one of the place to eat in bathgate

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Kaim Park was my choice for a one night stay for a business meeting I had to attend.
To be honest, reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting a wonderful stay, but I was pleasantly surprised.
It's walking distance from the train station.
All the staff were lovely.
A real warm friendly service from everyone.
The food was fine, perfectly acceptable with nice local touches, the Malt whiskey was fabulouse.
My room was clean, large and had tea/ coffee etc. even a spa bath, I had a great nights sleep but that may have been down to the malt whiskey rather than the bed, but very comfy non the less.
Breakfast was as good as dinner, reception were helpful with ordering a taxi, I would recomend ths hotel happily.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, rooms were a little tired but comfortable. The bathroom was a bit on the compact side and didn't have a bath (shower cubicle only) which disappointed me because I do enjoy using someone else's Hot water bill for a good long soak. I was in the old part of the building ( Room 2) noise at times was a bit of a problem but not from the bar- just other guests lack of respect...just because you have to be out at 5am it doesn't mean we all have to share your misery. The room was kept clean although a minor gripe is that my bedding was not changed within the five night stay despite the uncharacteristically warm Bathgate weather. The staff were always really pleasant and helpful. The restaurant was reasonable but the menu is pretty limited and on the pricey side. Breakfast was adequate. I would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Cairn Hotel
Travelodge Livingston
Travelodge Livingston
#2 of 4 in Livingston
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!