“A little disappointed”
Review of Kaim Park Hotel

Kaim Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Booked this hotel to accommodate a family celebration. Check- in staff member very pleasant and helpful. Room very small but clean. Shower room also very small. On returning to hotel, music from downstair's bar was loud and could clearly be heard in room. Two requests later, volume was reduced. This was at 12.45 am. Breakfast offered plenty variety, but served on cold plates. All in all, has potential to be so much better.

Room Tip: Bar is open until 1 am. Request a room away from that vicinity.
1  Thank Carola1

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here in order to attend a family wedding at a nearby venue. (The Vu) The location was good for us this as the venue was only 10 minutes in a taxi. We checked in and staff were very pleasant and helpful. We found our room no problem as it was on the ground floor . When we opened the door it hit the bed and the single wardrobe was behind the door (when it was open )and that was hard against the bed too. The breadth of the door was all the space there was all round the double bed, and the bathroom had the smallest shower cubicle I have ever seen! There was no mirror in the room and the lack of space concerned me, not only as I am slightly claustrophobic but also because we had outfits on hangers with accessories for the next day and very little room in which to change into them.
I decided to ask if there was a larger room available. The member of staff at reception was very pleasant and helpful and said that the king size rooms were all taken and most of the rooms were small due to it being an older style building but the one next door to the one we had been given was slightly bigger and showed it to me . It had more ground space and a bigger bathroom with a bath and a shower over it. It also had a dressing table with a mirror so at least I would be able to see my top half when I dressed. I accepted that room,
The bed was fairly comfy and the linen was clean although the cups beside the kettle could have done with a good wash as they were very stained. The whole room could have done with a lick of paint to freshen and brighten it up and the tiling inthe bathroom was a bit jaded.
However , on the other hand ,we ate in the restaurant , which offered a good variety of dishes at very reasonable prices and the food was excellent. The restaurant was airy and pleasant, clean and modern.
We later visited the bar and seated area next to it which was very relaxing and bar prices were reasonable too.The bar man was friendly and allowed me to taste 2 wines before opting for which one I preferred which I thought was a very nice touch.
Breakfast was buffet style and offered a good variety of usual breakfast foods. You could make your own toast and fill up from the coffee/tea pots as much as you wished.
On checking out I went to pay the bill and it had been miscalculated(£15 overcharged due to the wrong room rate being applied) but when I queried this the receptionist apologised and sorted it out no problem.
I

Room Tip: Ask for a king size room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked into hotel and found the room to extremely small with a badley stained carpet, the bathroom was one of the smallest I have ever seen, the shower head fell off the wall when I tried to adjust it. The mattress had more rolls than the Atlantic Ocean. Saw more burned out light bulbs than any hotel I have ever stayed in. On the good side the breakfast was excellent and there is lots of parking also I heard that some of the rooms have been updated but not our section, so if you stay ask for updated room, hopefully they are better than the room I had

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haggisbasher1948
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked this hotel for one night so we could visit our grandson who was performing in the Edinburgh Tattoo. This was a very busy week for Edinburgh so was pleasantly surprised for the price of the room. Although the room was dated and the shower cubicle small and the bed a little lumpy the room was very clean and the bedding was clean and crisp, pillows seemed to be good quality too.We ate in the restaurant the night we stayed and had no problems with the food it was lovely and good size portions and the service was excellent. At breakfast there was plenty of food and anything you needed was brought to you without any quibble.The waiting staff are lovely and very helpful. Would stay again. We stayed 17th August 2013

Room Tip: Only stayed one night so can't really comment
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

A pleasant enough experience.
The room was a little small. With the tiniest bathroom I've ever known. The staff are very helpful, and nothing was a bother for them. A good breakfast and the meals in the restaurant very nice too.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at the Kaim Park on Saturday 10th Aug 13. On checking in at Reception we were informed that we would need to pay in advance (we have never stayed in a hotel where you have to pay before you stay). On arriving in our room it was very small to say the least and was very dated and tatty. The carpet was heavily stained and need a thorough cleaning or better still replacing. The bathroom was grubby and the grouting in the shower was filthy. The towel rack was broken off and there was nowhere to hang your towel when having a shower. On the Sunday morning we went for breakfast. It was a buffet style breakfast and all the food (sausage, bacon, black pudding etc) were in hot trays. When I went to eat my cooked breakfast it was freezing and had obviously been sitting for a long time. We only stayed at this hotel for one night, as we were going to a family engagement party. The room, the shower and the food were awful and if we had not been forced to pay in advance I would have refused to pay. I wish I had paid attention to some of the other awful reviews, but we thought it's only for one night. This hotel is terrible and I would not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank AM M
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights recently and was very disappointed. Room 15 has a hard bed and is very small. There was noise from the ajoining room which was only divided by a door, not a wall. The shower was so small you could hardly bend down. It had such a weak flow of water that I found I still had soap in my hair the next day.

Whilst the welcome from the staff was warm and friendly, it was the small things that let the hotel down - like not providing hand towels or bath mats or drinking glasses in the room. No teapot and no saucers and not enough milk. The breakfast was served on cold plates and the breakfast buffet kept running out of bread and bacon. In a word- could do better!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 15.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Cairn Hotel
Mercure Livingston
#3 of 4 in Livingston
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Macdonald Houstoun House

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!