“Shame about hotel because Restaurant was excellent”
Review of Kaim Park Hotel

Kaim Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Shame about hotel because Restaurant was excellent”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had we not been booked in by a friend who lived nearby we would not have stopped, the hotel really let restaurant down we had a fantastic meal brilliant service and really friendly alas breakfast was not so good

Room Tip: One of our group was upstairs room which was a lot bigger ours was like a cabin on a boat
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We advise on our website that our rooms are varied in size due to the age of the hotel. We do our best to ensure everyone enjoys there stay and if we can do anything to make it better, just ask any of our staff.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant when you dinned with us, and we do hope you would consider staying with us again on your next visit.
Regards
Sharon Mackay-Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Recently stayed @ hotel for 2 weeks And found it met all my needs. The staff are all very friendly and very approachable at all times. And would like to thank Elaine head of reception for all your help during my stay and also to the breakfast waitress Thank you all for making me feel welcome.And would highly recommend your hotel to friends and family. Mr Brady Room 23

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your review to all staff, which is always nice to share the good experiences that guests have in our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Rooms are disgusting tiny and dirty. Hairs all over quilts and bathrooms toilet discusting full of lime scale. Couldn't sleep for all the noise breakfast dry and greasy Defo not worth the 60 pound a night. Never again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Rachelle888
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
It is disappointing that you have written such an awful review on your stay. The hairs on the quilt were fibres from the rolling machine where our laundry goes to get cleaned, which has been dealt with. I would strongly disagree with the rest of your comments regarding the room being filthy, breakfast greasy etc... You were not happy when you arrived at our hotel, and we tried our utmost to help you enjoy your stay, unfortunately you did not.
I can only apologise for the issue with the fibres on your quilt.
Cheshire
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was dreading my stay at this hotel even though we were only booked in for one night. But have to say some of the reviews don't do it any justice.
So we paid £60 I certainly wasn't expecting a 5 star but we definitely got a pleasant stay for the price.
Room - Clean tidy and decent sized bedroom and bathroom. Maybe slightly dated but nothing offensive but priced right.
Location - 10 minute walk from railway station so great for a stop over if visiting Edinburgh.
Staff - friendly and polite and we were able to access our room at 12 noon which was great so we could set off and enjoy the day.
Both my partner and I had a peaceful nights sleep with no noisy neighbours or any interference from the bar or the wedding party and woke fresh for breakfast.
Breakfast was in the main restaurant area so is obviously a nice location - breakfast itself was ok - I have had better - but nevertheless I ate all of the full Scottish breakfast!
Overall - would I stay again - yes, at that price its half what you would pay in the centre of Edinburgh so well worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very glad you both enjoyed your stay with us and your review will be passed to all staff which is nice to pass on. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had lunch here today Half an hour to wait for one course Waiter lovely not his fault Meal when it arrived poor value for money Plate load of tasteless pasta and 7 prawns. Wine overpriced at £5.50 per glass Never again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anne h
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I was dissapointed that you did not enjoy your lunch. After speaking with the staff and chef on the day you dined, we had no complaints regarding service of food. I was surprised you only had 6 Prawns in your Pasta, as we use fresh King Prawns and we are known for our generous portion sizes.
If you had advised our helpfull staff at the time, we would have happily changed your dish immediately. We pride ourselves in our customer service, however, we can't fix an issue if you do not advise us of one, until you post the issue on Trip Advisor.
We hope you dine with us again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was attending a family wedding and came accross this hotel and booked based on the reviews and i can honestly say I was not dissapointed,
The staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us even allowing us to check in early, Rooms were spacious and clean and offered all the amenties travellers expect, The bed was very comfy and i had a really good sleep, again bed linnen spotless, I cant fault this hotel at all, it offers exactly what it says and more and thats because of the staff all of them were wonderfull even the night porter had a smile and a friendly manner, even to us drunken revellers coming in at the wee small hours looking for a night cap,
Breakfast the next morning we had room service ( a small nominal charge of a few pounds ) brilliant breakfast telephoned in the morning and ordered no problem, full breakfast and toast all good quality ingrediants and plenty of it with a nice pot of coffee what more could you want,

I will come back again when I am next in this area at a family function, Thankyou to all the staff

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank holtmichelle
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our hospitality. I appreciate the time taken to write the review and we look forward to you returning to the hotel in the future.
Many Thanks
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks earlier this year alas the dates escape me 22nd or 23rd of April till mid May. I loved staying here and will continue to return as well, the food is fantastic but i felt bad about not being able to finish the well sized portions you get. It is in a great location and the staff are amazing, the price for what you get and for what they offer is also great. I will return :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our pleasant staff do their upmost to ensure all our customers have a good experience. I am happy that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sharon Mackay-Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Premier Inn Livingston (Bathgate) Hotel
#4 of 4 in Livingston
Best Western Glasgow Livingston Hilcroft Hotel
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!