“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bathgate
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Took my parents here to celebrate their anniversary. Have had many means and enjoyed them. But to say I was disappointed is an understatement. We were seated for 25 minutes before anyone came to take our order and it was a the same all the way through the meal. Slow service and very average food.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kirsty24barr
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Kirsty,
I was very disappointed that you were unhappy with the service provided, especially on such a special occasion. I can only apologise for this, as we had some issues yesterday. However this is no excuse for the time you had to wait. We do our upmost to ensure we provide good service and good food at all times, we have failed you on this occasion.
Could you kindly call me direct at the hotel on 01506 653399 to discuss a Gesture of Goodwill as way of an apology, and sincerely hope you will dine with us again soon.

Sharon Mackay-Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Blackridge
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed.. Sandwiches were good but scones and cakes were not home made as you would expect.. No cream with scones ..Service was awful.. After one drink and tea no-one came near us for so long we eventually went to reception to pay and moved on elsewhere.. Not very impressive !

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tighassynt
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your afternoon tea as we have had good feedback and they are proving very popular. I was on duty when you came in, and I am sorry that you were not happy that you could not Cancel your booking for afternoon tea and have the lunch menu instead! I explained the reason why and apologised, as this is a pre booked tea to enable the Chef to prepare. I am aware you were unhappy with this, but was not made aware that you were unhappy with the food and service at the time.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed in the Kaim Park Hotel so I could attend a wedding at The Vu, Bathgate so I wasn't looking for luxury as it was just solely to sober up for the drive home! My welcome to the hotel was wonderful and the reception staff were extremely helpful and polite. The room itself was spacious and very clean but could do with some modern extras and a freshen up. My main disappointment was the toilet as the flush button was broken but also the system seemed to make a loud noise randomly throughout the night, if I wasn't in such a deep sleep it would have distrubed me a lot more than it did. The breakfast was again not up to standard but I put this down to it being a Monday and it sitting under a grill too long.

I didn't think any of this justified a complaint as realistically where can you get a hotel anywhere for £70 a night these days?!! But if you're going for anything other than somewhere to rest over night then I would recommend paying the extra elsewhere for a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologise for the issue with the missing flush button, which has now been fixed, and we could find no issue with the cistern running and being noisy. However, we have had this all checked out. We are in the process of upgrading a lot of the room, which should be completed by the end of April/May.
I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast and have passed your comments to our chef. We take all our reviews on board and try to make things better to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay.

Regards
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night with a meal in the restaurant. The meal was wonderful. I slept really well. Shame that the shower space wasn't any bigger - I'm not the thinnest of people but I'm no where near the biggest. I struggled to raise my arms. If it wasn't for this I would have scored very good.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your view on the shower cubicle space was small, some of our rooms have larger cubicles and some have over bath showers. Had you come to reception and asked if we could move you to one of the other rooms, we would have accommodated your request. I am glad you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, and hope you will stay with us again.
If you do book with us again, please ensure you request a room with Bath to ensure you have a more comfortable stay with us.

Many Thanks for your comments
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

On reception on our arrival was Sharon who talked us through the hotel areas, the staff were very friendly and helped in any way they could. Lovely large room with very comfy bed beautiful good quality linen. The tea and biscuit waiting in the room were very welcome, large (new) bath with shower over and a couple of soaps and shower gels provided. The event I was attending was a distance away from the hotel so Sharon arranged a taxi for us. I could see that they are re-modernising the hotel, nice modern restaurant and bar with comfy couches to sit and relax with a drink. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was in room 3 it overlooks the outside sitting area off the back to the back of the hotel. (sorry...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about the hotel and your stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is always nice to have feedback from customers which are passed onto the staff.
I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had we not been booked in by a friend who lived nearby we would not have stopped, the hotel really let restaurant down we had a fantastic meal brilliant service and really friendly alas breakfast was not so good

Room Tip: One of our group was upstairs room which was a lot bigger ours was like a cabin on a boat
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sharon M, General Manager at Kaim Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We advise on our website that our rooms are varied in size due to the age of the hotel. We do our best to ensure everyone enjoys there stay and if we can do anything to make it better, just ask any of our staff.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant when you dinned with us, and we do hope you would consider staying with us again on your next visit.
Regards
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Recently stayed @ hotel for 2 weeks And found it met all my needs. The staff are all very friendly and very approachable at all times. And would like to thank Elaine head of reception for all your help during my stay and also to the breakfast waitress Thank you all for making me feel welcome.And would highly recommend your hotel to friends and family. Mr Brady Room 23

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your review to all staff, which is always nice to share the good experiences that guests have in our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.
Sharon Mackay-Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bathgate
Livingston Lodge Hotel
Macdonald Houstoun House
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Kaim Park Hotel? Share your experiences!