2,291 results
All reviewsboth nightsbuffet stylesteam roomfood was lovelyspa areafrom start to finishjunior suitehaggisturretglasgowfalkirk
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Terrible weekend we wont be back. rooms were filthy and we were moved to another room. I had to clean bath before i could shower. Headboard was splattered with i dont know what. Black mould and cracked mouldy tiles. We waited 20mins on order to be taken for dessert until we gave up. On first sitting for dinner last night there was food below the table probably there from breakfast. There was a wedding on both sat and sun night so what was supposed to be a quiet relaxing weekend turned into a roudy glasgow night out. There was nowhere for hotel guests to go. The front doors were open most of the night so we sat frozen. A waiter asked if we needed anything a told him a blanket and a cup of soup.

5  Thank raemurphy
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience of staying at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. First of all, may I offer our sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I am concerned about several of your comments, which have been taken on board and passed on to the relevant Department Heads.

Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Laura.Barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards, Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I were really looking forward to a well earned break on our return visit to Airth Castle after a few years absence. All looked good on arrival in reception, but not what we would've called wonderful when we saw our room-not up to our expectations from our previous visit. As another reviewer states, our furniture too was tired and badly chipped although we have no complaints about the cleanliness or carpet-though why only 1 bedside table in a double bedroom I ask myself (husband had to use a chair to set book/glasses on before going to sleep)!!!? Bathroom clean, but depressing green and in need of updating. Ours was very obviously not newly refurbished! The view out of our double aspect windows also left a lot to be desired-hedges and weeds-not a view we could actually enjoy! The loud slamming of doors by folk coming and going in the corridor and next door bedroom was horrendous - but I suppose this could be a problem in any hotel.
The dining room is a beautiful sight to behold, breakfast excellent. Our booking included 2 evening meals and although we had extremely poor service on the 1st occasion the second evening (thanks to the wonderful waitress Zoe) could not have been better. The food on both nights was definitely 5star the real highlight of stay.

Room Tip: Check that room is in the refurbished part of hotel when booking!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kathleen J

As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was allocated a room on the 3rd floor, after a wait of about an hour on check in as the check in IT had crashed! Eventually I was given my room and key and off I went to unpack etc. The tiredness of the room hit me straight away, it needs some work with the bathroom in particular being desperate for some attention. Next morning I was at the desk asking to be moved rooms, which they agreed to and I was told that when I arrived back at the hotel after work I would be in the Castle and given my room number. I was assured all my belongings would be moved over. On my return, I picked up my key from reception and set off for the castle. I got into my room to find none of my belongings were in the room. I phoned reception and the guy had no idea I had been moved from another room nor why. I was told he would call me back but after 20 mins no call so off I go again to reception. There were 2 Guy's in reception neither of whom knew the saga of my move nor where my belongings were. Eventually I suggest that they should go and look in my old room and sure enough my kit is found. So off I go again to the castle carrying my bags and clothes after requesting a table for 8pm. Back I yomp once again for my table to be told too busy to accommodate a table for one and have to wait until 9.15 for a meal despite there being numerous empty tables. I have deliberately not mentioned why I moved rooms but suffice it to say I did expect a degree of understanding from the staff but the lack of awareness amongst the staff I had to interact with throughout my stay just showed there was no awareness, no continuity of service and care. At checkout initially I was asked to pay the full amount and once I challenged it and explained why I was not happy to pay in full I was told, "I'm sorry I wasn't aware of that" I rest my case

1  Thank HarleymanNotts

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.
Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We came here a few months ago and it just wasn't what I expected. However on this trip back (always give somewhere a second chance) it was much improved.
Our room was one of the newly refurbished ones and I have to say that it looked lovely, very up to date. The new shower was also top notch.

We dinned at the grill room and our meal was fantastic, posh but not over the top fancy. Our starters were lovely and
We decided to share the meat platter for 2 and it was cooked perfectly as ordered. Just managed to squeeze in a tasty pud too before I was fit to burst. We retreated back to the room to have a rest on the very comfy bed.

One thing I did notice was that we got a range of pillows in our room, this was brilliant as I normally hate the feather pillows you get in a posh hotel. I chose what I think was a memory foam one (like at home) perfect nights sleep.

We had also pre booked in to the spa and our treatment was first class, felt so relaxed afterwards

We will defiantly return

• Stayed: September 2013

What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your return visit to Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay ranging from your bedroom to your spa treatments. The team will be pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience within the Grill Room and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 27 September 2013

this is a very comfortable hotel for both business and leisure trips, it is well positioned to cover from Edinburgh up to Dundee and beyond. The staff are all very courteous and efficient.
The food is also very good and reasonably priced, the waiting staff have a good knowledge of both the food and wine available.
The hotel is well run and kept nice and clean. There is also a leisure club & spa on site to relax after a busy day. I would recommend anyone to give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank billmitchison

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. The team at Airth Castle was pleased to read that you found the food to be good and reasonably priced and that after a long day you were able to relax and use our leisure facilities. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection