“Not as expected..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not as expected..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Me and wife stayed here not so long ago, we expected alot! Especially from what we could see on the website.

The rooms are so old and damp. All the furniture is chipped, dirty lamp shades, horrible looked tiles in the bathroom. The list could go on.

Staff were ok but that always very helpful. When we checked in we had to wait almost an hour for a room (and we arrived after 3). We were just told sorry, nothing available.

I want to make this short as i think i have said enough but we certainly wouldnt recommend this to a friend.

Not good enough!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris J
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.
Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a bit of a hiccup with a previous visit in October for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, when this came to the attention of Jerry Foster the Group General Manager, he immediately started to rectify the situation, he requested more detailed feedback which we were very happy to give. To his credit Jerry Foster offered us another nights stay, this time in the room that we should have previously stayed in.
This room (611) was of a very high standard and immaculate in every way.
We also had a massage when we were there and it was excellent and very relaxing.
I have now eaten three times in the last month in the Grill Room and on every occassion found the food to be of a very high standard and very reasonably priced, service was also very good.
Breakfast choice is also very good, although I do not eat the normal Scottish Fried Breakfast my wife did have this and she was very impressed.
I would say that the aftercare service we received was of the highest standard and I would again like to thank Jerry Foster and Fiona Dunn for rectifying previous issues we had with customer care.
Yes we had an excellent stay and very much appreciated and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 611 is very modern and tastefully decorated
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GrandPoohbaH
Thank you for taking the time to share your return experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was delighted to read that your stay was exactly as you had hoped for. At the Aurora Hotel Collection we strive to achieve a high standard of customer care and I can only express how pleased I am that on your return visit we were able to thoroughly improve your opinion of Airth Castle. I have passed your kind comments on to the team and we hope to welcome you and your wife back again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Highly recommended , if a little disorganised.
We booked an overnight stay with 2 half hour treatments, which were excellent one of the best massages I have ever had, the facial was good too.
The pool was hot and jacuzzi very hot and strong bubbles, needs more beds and seats.
The only thing was we were not given our fruit drink on arrival, and no fruit juice at lunch as per advertisement.
Also we were given robes and a towel excellent, but my first treatment was at 9.30 so after I used the wet facilities, next treatment not until 5.00 pm I asked for another robe , to use as the one I had was really wet, but I couldn't get one only one per customer, so I had to sit about wet for lunch and a few hours until next treatment ? Not very good.
The meal at night was mouth watering, we had steak and it was the best, nice atmosphere too.
The bed was ok a little hard for my personal choice but I slept ok

The breakfast excellent choice, and good quality, you have to order fried eggs, and they came when I was almost finished, but fresh good quality.

I would love to give this 5 stars and i hope when I visit again it has sorted the little hiccups I mentioned above and I will give 5 stars

Defiantly worth visiting and I will 100% visit again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. The team was delighted to read that you had a relaxing spa break. The food from the Grill Room is very good and I would highly recommend to anyone staying within the hotel. I am very pleased that you found the spa treatment and leisure facilities were a nice way to spend your day. I will pass all of your comments onto the relevant team members and we hope to welcome you both back again soon.
Penicuik, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking which turned out to be great. Hotel setting is picturesque.

We ate lunch in the bar. Was nice and chilled out.

The room was a bit tired looking but it was clean and comfy.

Dinner was definitely the best part! Only comment to make was book early if you don't like eating late. We didn't mind but by checking in at 3pm we could only get am 8pm seating.

We ordered the steak board to share...wow!!!!! The steak was like butter.

Would go back, even just for a meal.

Definitely worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read that you both had a relaxing and enjoyable stay at Airth Castle. The steaks are very good and I would recommend to anyone to try one from the Grill Menu, I will pass your kind comments on to the chef’s and the rest of the team at Airth Castle. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you both back again soon.
Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for business. Room was located on the ground floor of the new building. The room was very dated and could do with major refurbishment.

Unsafe towel rail on entrance to bath mean't I burned my hand while getting into the shower.

I have previously stayed in the castle rooms and they were of better quality however I am sure more expensive.

Recommended as a place to lay your head however if I was opting for a romantic weekend then I wouldn't be so sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently stayed at Airth Castle as part of a roadshow covering the North of England and Scotland, and this hotel has easily been the best of a number of hotels used. The staff could not do enough to make myself and the rest of the team feel not only welcomed but part of the family. Everyone was helpful, friendly and polite, and were prepared to go the extra mile to ensure everything was perfect for our event. We were extremely well looked after for the duration of our event by Stephen in the Conference Team, who was dedicated to ensuring everything ran strictly to time, and responded instantly to any change we had. The Reception Team were all great and helped with moving some room allocations. The food was exceptional, and the restaurant staff (especially Chris and Josie) were fantastic.

Some of the rooms are a little dated, but a refurbishment programme is well underway, and once this has been completed, there would be nothing to fault.

I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. Jerry Foster, the GM has a team to be proud of, and I look forward to the day I return. Thank you to all for making this such a successful event.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. We were very pleased that your stay was perfect and that everything went without any unnecessary stress. The team at Airth Castle will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass you kind thanks on to Steven for looking after you all so well. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have just returned from an excellent Spa break. The package was great value for money. The treatments were fabulous, the spa lovely and clean, the gym very well equipped and the staff really friendly and professional.
The hotel itself was clean and friendly with good sized rooms with a fantastic shower and really comfy beds.
The food was absolutely delicious with a well balanced menu and very reasonably priced.
I can't wait to go back and am already planning my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your spa break at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. The Spa breaks are a great way to thoroughly relax and enjoy all the aspects that the hotel has to offer. We hope that you enjoyed your experience and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bridge of Allan

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!