“Not what you expect at all.. Disappointing.”

Airth Castle & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here for a Xmas party night package. Driving up to the castle very excited. Drove past the castle to a big standard modern building. So you don't stay in a castle at all. Reception area nice and modern. Very deceiving. Staff helpful. We sat in an area to have lunch which was very basic with chairs and a tv. The rooms were most disappointing. Made travel lodges look four star. All rooms same and all in desperate need of upgrading. Bathrooms were very dated and scruffy.
The party night was excellent and food was really good. Good sized portions and drink was relatively inexpensive.
I would not recommend this anyone and I certainly would not return unless a serious upgrading took place.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank macsabroad
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.
Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.
I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com, at your earliest convenience.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The excitement of being in Scotland and staying in a castle! Wow. Loved the accommodation, the view, the whole experience. Very warm inside despite the cooler temps outside. Breakfast was excellent. Love to return one day. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I was delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay at Airth Castle. The Castle does have beautiful views and I am pleased that you were able to see them. I will pass your comments on to the team and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We went for a work night out with bed and breakfast. It was excellent value for money. We stayed in the castle, rooms were beautiful, but mine was quite small and window was tiny and high up. The quality was luxury though, so considering I was in the turret of a historic castle, the limits on the room were understandable!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable works night out. The castle is a listed building so unfortunately we cannot make any major alterations but the castle is beautiful and unique. I have passed your kind comments on to our team and we hope to welcome you back again.
Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 10 December 2013

i went to airth castle as part of a xmas party package and stayed over. the party was fantastic, great food, great dj and really good laser display, i would highly recommend it. as for the hotel itself it is set in nixe grounds and the common areas are generally well cared for and clean. the rooms however could do with some tlc. we had a lamp with no bulb, a wall light that didnt work, an iron burn mark on carpet and cup stains on the table within the room. given i was there for a party night these things did not bother me too much but i would have been a little dismayed had i paid full price for the room as part of a holiday. staff were all very friendly and proffessional.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. The team will be delighted to read that you had a great party night. The party nights at Airth Castle are very good and enjoyable. I will pass your comments on to the relevant team members and please be assured that we take all comments very seriously. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I spent a night in the 'old' part of Airth Castle with an association. There were other groups at the location but housed in the modern complex. It staying try the 'old castle' with its ornate chambers. Our bedroom (in the basement) was large and well lit.

Breakfast was self service and pretty standard fair.

If in the old castle there is a problem as all services are in the new complex which means a journey in the open. If weather cold or wet be warned!

This is a typical 'corporate' establishment though the castle is a bonus. It is not for a casual B&B.

Room Tip: Try the old building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant team members who will be pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Booked the castle for myself and 2 sisters as a dinner/hotel/bft package. The gentleman on the reception desk at check in was very abrupt almost to the point of being rude. When we booked we thought we would be staying in a castle but we were put in the hotel and told the price would double to stay in the castle. The room we stayed in had a dirty diaper in the wastebasket in the bathroom causing a foul odor in our room. We were lacking enough cups/glasses/towels etc. The staff in the dining room were very professional and both meals were excellent. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone esp. for the price!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth J

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience of staying at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. First of all, may I offer our sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I am concerned about several of your comments, which have been taken on board and passed on to the relevant Department Heads.

Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Laura.Barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards, Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed for one nite, reading the reviews now i can understand why people are dissapointed. And its a shame as there is no exscuse for them to spend a bit of money on the place everywhere you looked seemed neglected and worn. The castle Is an immportant part of scottish history and i personaly think its in the wrong mangnent. Who employed those people nit very organised abd far to laid back for my liking. Not profesional service from outset.. The only thing i can say positive about the experience was the food was superb. Everything else unfortunatly was a disapointment.shame it didnt live up to what i thought it would.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank chrisstayed

As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
The Stirling Highland Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!