“Sorry”

Airth Castle & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Airth
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is the second time I've been here for a Christmas night out and was once again underwhelmed by the rooms. Last time I wrote of this hotel I was disgusted by the state of our room and after corespondence with the hotel, I was assured that we would be better treated. Well we did get a better room but in all honesty the rooms in this hotel are in dire need of a serious makeover. For a party night the food is great, service ok and it's a good venue for this sort of function. However, if you think you will be spoiled when you book a spa weekend, be aware, you will be disappointed by the hotel appearance.
I said last time I posted that breakfast appeared to be of poor quality food, I stand by this judgement and as a way of explanation, the scrambled eggs were surely not made with eggs!
Doubt if I will be back, even for a party night.

Room Tip: Doubt if you wil lget a decent room anywhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brigham
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Hi all
we had our xmas night in the castle,was told the credit card machine was broken,and when we went to our rooms..OMG so basic and worn out ,service was very poor all the staff needed direction,food was good no complaints but service bad,breakfast in the morning good .this hotel needs a revamp with the rooms.we had a leaking sink,bulb out and rawl plugs left in the bathroom

sorry for being so harsh on the rooms and the service but food good
hope this helps both the hotel and guests

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. First of all, may I offer our sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Laura.Barry@aurorahotelcollection.com or 01324 831411. Kind Regards, Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Hi,
I checked with the hotel reservations to ensure my booking for 19th Dec 2013 had gone through (it had not) so booked double room B&B + evening meal at £134.00 through hotel reservation for 1 night on 19th Dec 2013 paid by Mastercard.
Unfortunately on my arrival the booking could not be found and was told we were booked in for the 27th Dec 2013 not the 19th Dec, as the hotel was full we were offered a room in the sister hotel 30+ minutes away but as my son had his passing out parade at the Police Collage early the next morning and not far from the hotel we decided to stay at the local Premier Inn where my other son was staying.

We were looking forward to our stay at the hotel enjoying an evening meal in fantastic surrondings which was booked for 7.30 and can only say we are extremly dissapointed not to have stayed at the hotel as the hotel speaks for itself.

Would add that the person from reservations who took the room booking for the 19th Dec and was dealing with the situation now was very plesent and said all the right things including the offer of a bottle of wine if we decided to come to the hotel for the evening meal (we did not come back for the meal).

Lernings: Make sure your booking is confirmed in writing.

Regards
Brian Reid

Room Tip: didnt get to see the room
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just returned from Airth Castle after spending the 18th of December enjoying a Christmas party night there with my colleagues.Absolutely first class meal and service I would recommend this party night anyone,very we'll organised great night thanks

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Murray G
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here for a Xmas party night package. Driving up to the castle very excited. Drove past the castle to a big standard modern building. So you don't stay in a castle at all. Reception area nice and modern. Very deceiving. Staff helpful. We sat in an area to have lunch which was very basic with chairs and a tv. The rooms were most disappointing. Made travel lodges look four star. All rooms same and all in desperate need of upgrading. Bathrooms were very dated and scruffy.
The party night was excellent and food was really good. Good sized portions and drink was relatively inexpensive.
I would not recommend this anyone and I certainly would not return unless a serious upgrading took place.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank macsabroad
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The excitement of being in Scotland and staying in a castle! Wow. Loved the accommodation, the view, the whole experience. Very warm inside despite the cooler temps outside. Breakfast was excellent. Love to return one day. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Airth Castle Hotel &Spa. I was delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay at Airth Castle. The Castle does have beautiful views and I am pleased that you were able to see them. I will pass your comments on to the team and we hope to welcome you back again.
Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We went for a work night out with bed and breakfast. It was excellent value for money. We stayed in the castle, rooms were beautiful, but mine was quite small and window was tiny and high up. The quality was luxury though, so considering I was in the turret of a historic castle, the limits on the room were understandable!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable works night out. The castle is a listed building so unfortunately we cannot make any major alterations but the castle is beautiful and unique. I have passed your kind comments on to our team and we hope to welcome you back again.
Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Airth
The Royal Hotel
The Stirling Highland Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Airth Castle & Hotel? Share your experiences!