Airth Castle & Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$97
US$71
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Falkirk Central Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$70
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
2,169 results
All reviewsthe grillboth nightssteam roomfood was lovelyspa areastaff were excellentfrom start to finishjunior suitehaggisturretdiscofacialedinburghfalkirk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We got this as a Xmas present from my father in law. Check in terrible tried to charge double, dinner under cooked no complimentary drinks nothing, room was horrible the bathroom was still dirty, moved awa y from main bar to a back room out the way of their precious functions we sat in room both nights. Very disappointed

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janine s
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Airth Castle & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. First of all, may I offer our sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I am concerned about several of your comments, which have been taken on board and passed on to the relevant Department Heads.

Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Laura.Barry@aurorahotelcollection.com . Kind Regards, Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I'll start with a recommendation - don't stay in the castle, stay in the resort. If you pay the extra for the castle rooms to impress your girlfriend, the room is lovely, but it's a freezing ice box with 3 leaky windows at opposite sides of the room which create a polar vortex of cold air in the middle. The bathroom was nice. The four poster looked impressive, but once the going gets rough you're going to wish you brought a power drill and some self-tapping screws.

The breakfast in the restaurant was awesome, but pricey. Book it in advance as part of your room deal. Also - don't stay in the castle or you'll have to drive to eat rather than walk through the car park in the wind and rain. I had to avoid having a drink with my meal because I had to drive back to my room. Not ideal.

The spa is quite small, but catch it at the right time and it's pleasantly quiet. I can't comment on the treatments though. Jacuzzi was nice, but the showers and toilets were third world. There was actual waste on the floor in the mens. That's not the hotels fault, but clearly no one wanted to clean it, or no one checked all day. Both are bad.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the castle.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul A

As you can imagine I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Just stayed the one night on a business trip, bedrooms need a bit of a refresh, the ceiling had a water stain where there'd been a leak. The bar & restaurant area was very dark, prices for the menu were on the high side so ate out. Breakfast was very average, food kept warm on the buffet rather than being freshly made, at 7.30 in the morning you'd expect the food to be fresher. Not a hotel I'd rush back to.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa.
Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and left you feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay.
I would very much like the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com, at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed a few times in the hotel some years ago and there have been ups and downs in the state of the hotel. This time, I did not stay, but took my elderly mother along for the 'Just for January' Pamper Day and wasn't sure what to expect. We arrived for a lovely, light lunch which was followed by the treatments in the spa. From the moment I phoned to book the appointment, the staff could not have been nicer. Enormous consideration was taken with my mother, who uses a wheelchair to help her get around. The pool looked very tempting however, this time, we could not make use of it, but even without that the afternoon was delightful. The staff in the dining room were exceptionally attentive (especially the lovely waiter from Turkey) and the spa staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our professionally done treatments and left feeling really pampered. After mixed experiences in the hotel years ago, I can honestly say that I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UKAingeal

What a lovely review – thank you for your kind comments regarding your spa day at Airth Castle Hotel & Spa. I was delighted to read that you and your mother had a fantastic spa day. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the team members and I am very pleased that at every turn our team were able to provide advice and friendly assistance. We hope you both had a relaxing and enjoyable day and we hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO, Aurora Hotel Collection

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Lovely looking castle from the outside. We had booked a castle room. The room was a good size but lacked any natural character and was in need of redecorating in places. Peeling paint on all window frames. Bathroom was in a turret but again lacked any imagination. Plus the only heating was a towel rail that did not work. Toothpaste splashes on bathroom curtains. Overall room in need of a good dust. Found lots of dust on top of bed frame at least a months worth if not more. As for the spa tried to book a treatment and told fully booked. Reception area dull and as for the staff not the most friendly or helpful, which surprised me as visit Scotland regularly as people always so helpful and pleasant. Food mediocre. Missed breakfast as told it was ten. When we arrived finished.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a
review. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection