Airth Castle & Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel(Falkirk)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$70
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
2,170 results
All reviewsthe grillboth nightssteam roomfood was lovelyspa areastaff were excellentfrom start to finishjunior suitehaggisturretdiscofacialedinburghfalkirk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I visited Airth Castle for afternoon tea recently and I can quite honestly say that the afternoon tea was fabulous. The sandwiches were so fresh and there were several different ones to choose from.Also the cakes and scones too were lovely and fresh as well. We also had a glass of Prosecco with this too. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atomosphere was great. I have been in several hotels for their afternoon teas but I would have to say that Airth Castle comes out top.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Avril H
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Tatty spa area /filthy toilet swimming pool area/ very poor lunch - luke warm - the list goes on- more like 2 star
Went with a friend -who came all the way from Ayr , as a treat for our birthdays !
I did write in a letter of complaint in December but as yet still no response.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sylvia n
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had a wonderful week here on my recent creative retreat, the staff were wonderful and the location sublime. Welcoming, considerate staff. Just a big thanks to all. wommpomm loves Airth and the Kelpies were magnificent. James xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wommpomm
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After a 6 hour drive to the hotel we were greeted by a man on reception who was too busy to deal with checking us in. Eventually we got checked in and made our way to our rooms. As a family of 6 we required 2 rooms. On walking into our rooms we found one had other people bags in and smelt of smoke. We phoned reception to be told that this wasn't possible and that we must be mistaken. A person will be with you shortly we were told. No one came after 20 mins. After another phone call we had to go to reception to sort the problem out. Only sorted by having to locate the other guests and ask them to move rooms! Finally at 10:30 we could settle down. No chance!!! no cot despite ordering, no bedding for the sofa bed. This took an age to arrive. When the bedding eventually came there were no pillows as the hotel had 'run out' and no cover on the duvet as they had run out!!!!
The rooms are terribly dated and in need of maintenance.

The second night we were awaken at midnight by the fire alarm going off for 30 seconds. After waking our children the alarm stopped.

We were thankful we didn't have a third night and certainly wont be going back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robbell5
Reviewed 7 April 2014

booked a romantic break for my wedding anniversary, the room was very good as was the food .The staff were excellent especially the staff in the restaurant and bar areas I cannot praise them highly enough it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and will be going back for another visit it made myself and my husbands wedding anniversary very special thank you.

Room Tip: junior suites are a good size and comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple