Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews gulf stream national trust the kitchen scones soup exotic plants car park small cafe cake the ground floor entrance fee couple of hours different types gift shop enjoyed our visit full bloom west coast of scotland
Reviewed 1 week ago

I stopped of to visit the gardens while I was on a campervan tour of Scotland. Partly the reason for the visit was because I had brought my National Trust Card with me, but up to this point I hadn't been anywhere to use it. Entry for me was free (Membership of the English National Trust grants to free entry to National Trusts for Scotland properties, and I assume vice-versa)

It was late September when I visited and the gardens were probably a month or two past their best. The were never the less still pretty amazing. The house has an interesting display giving the history of the place and how they came to be developed.
I spent about two hours there, and could have spent longer but had to get to my destination before dark so reluctantly left.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this garden on a harsh, windy, rainy October day, and it was still healthy, exotic and vibrant. It's an amazing botanical collection and would thrill any gardening enthusiast.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just been to the gardens on a very blustery auntum day and it was amazing the plant collection is outstanding the only let down was the cafe which is soulless and with a very interesting food offerings but definitely will be back to the gardens at different times of the year!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful gardens and marvellous views. Visited the house and the museum. For a donation you could get a small brown envelope and fill it with seeds from different small bowls to plant at home for a wild garden.
Too cold a day to spend as much time as would have liked so may return for a longer viewing in the spring.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited the gardens and museum while we stayed in Gairloch. It was lovely, tranquil and the history behind it was amazing. Definitely recommend signing up for the NTS membership, we used it for Culloden Battlefields too.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Amazing to see the varieties of plants growing that far north. Definitely bring a camera. We only had a couple of hours to spare for this, and I wish we'd taken more time. It was peaceful and relaxing

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful garden to spend a few hours in. Would love to come at various seasons. Lots of trails with a huge variety of plants and trees. Beautiful setting on a loch wth several trails leading to great views.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I visited these gardens for the first time in 30 years and they are still magnificent. They have opened the original Mackenzie's house and the way they have set up the exhibit is terrific, fun, interactive and very clever.. The gardens stretch to the rear Loch Ewe with amazing trees and coastal flowers and landscapes. The vegetable gardens are devine and the lilly ponds and Rhodedendrums marvelous. The price for such an afternoon is amazingly reasonable. Staff lovely and informative.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

a pleasant garden to walk round, with impressive views. lots of flowers, great views of loch, bring camera,

interesting house , well organised shop.

dislike; the September midges - be aware ,,,,,,,,, never experienced before!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Large gardens with plants to suit every taste. Took our time wandering all the paths and exploring every nook and cranny Inverewe has to offer. Some paths were a little steep but accessible to those of moderate fitness. Wheelchairs and prams/pushchairs wound struggle in some areas due to narrow, steep, and in some places, overgrown paths.