“Fantastic Garden”

5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Glasgow
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Poolewe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This unique and magnificent garden features many species of plants including spectacular rhododendrons, azaleas, trees and shrubs.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped of to visit the gardens while I was on a campervan tour of Scotland. Partly the reason for the visit was because I had brought my National Trust Card with me, but up to this point I hadn't been anywhere to use it. Entry for me was free (Membership of the English National Trust grants to free entry to National Trusts for Scotland properties, and I assume vice-versa)

It was late September when I visited and the gardens were probably a month or two past their best. The were never the less still pretty amazing. The house has an interesting display giving the history of the place and how they came to be developed.
I spent about two hours there, and could have spent longer but had to get to my destination before dark so reluctantly left.

Date of experience: September 2018
"two hours"
in 8 reviews
"west coast of scotland"

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We visited this garden on a harsh, windy, rainy October day, and it was still healthy, exotic and vibrant. It's an amazing botanical collection and would thrill any gardening enthusiast.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Just been to the gardens on a very blustery auntum day and it was amazing the plant collection is outstanding the only let down was the cafe which is soulless and with a very interesting food offerings but definitely will be back to the gardens at different times of the year!

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Beautiful gardens and marvellous views. Visited the house and the museum. For a donation you could get a small brown envelope and fill it with seeds from different small bowls to plant at home for a wild garden.
Too cold a day to spend as much time as would have liked so may return for a longer viewing in the spring.