“Fantastic food, good and friendly service”
Review of Moorfield House

Moorfield House
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Braemar
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Trenance, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, good and friendly service”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this place on our visit to Braemar last month. We were told that it was a good place to eat and they were not wrong. We really enjoyed our meal. We didn't feel rushed at all and the service was so friendly, it was more like going to a friend house to eat rather than a restaurant. We would defiantly go back if we were that way again. Thank you for a lovely evening!

London
“50/50 Give this a miss!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This venue was promoted to me by my b&b and I really looked forward to it, but it was very disapointing, A bit of a hike (though pleasant country walk) out of the village, the venue is a best a cafe and in some respects, quite tacky.....

The decor and layout is cheap looking and has very little atmosphere. That said the owners did their best, but the food left a lot to be desired too. Bog standard soup (fairly small), followed by what I hoped would be a beast of a local Aberdeen Angus steak, that was far too thin and lacked any kind of sizzle, it just didn'f feel freshly cooked - never had desert, could not wait to get out. But as I got back to the bar, the local gailic fluet and drummers were practising and it was such a pleasure, it's a shame this is not incorporated into the evening proper a missed opportunity I'd say. Members of the group kept apologising for 'disturbing' me at the bar, but it was a pleasure to listen to them!

Visited September 2013
East Calder, United Kingdom
“Unreal comments”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Phoned up last week on a Thursday evening to book a table for 4 only to be told the Resuarant was closed tonight. I said on your Website you are open 7 Day a week only to be told that the Chef is intitled to a night off.

I was completely shocked by this answer so I put the phone down.
After I thought about this I called the Restuarant to confirm the reason only to be told if I dont like go elswhere.

After reading a good review previously I can tell you I will never attempt to use this place ever in future.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank 494gary
Iain H, Owner at Moorfield House, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
This individual actually phoned early afternoon,having been old we would be closed he started to behave like an adolescent child even when told the Chef needed a night off !!(note :slavery has been abolished !!, and the chef is contractually entitled to the odd night off)).(I could have just lied and said we were fully booked !!)
His childish & immature behavior continued as having cut the phone off mid sentence he phoned back to threaten that he was going to post a negative review on TRIP ADVISOR because I had dared to refuse him a table !!

I would hope that most folk reading this are embarrassed for him. I am not sure if this is some sort of a joke ,or just a set up, as it is hard to imagine that a grown man could be so petty and childish!!
Airdrie
“delicious food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

2 or 3 course menu avaialble all freshly home cooked with local produce and fresh fruit from the garden

Visited August 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were welcomed by the owner, who was very friendly, despite not being guests at the hotel, and enjoyed a nice meal here after a drink at the bar.

The food tasted very nice, and was priced very reasonably.

As others have said, the music in the dining area was a little on the unusual side for a restaurant, but it wasn't disturbing. Perhaps not the most romantic, though.

• Visited July 2013