“As good as Europe ?”

Glenshee Ski Centre
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have skied in Europe over the past few years and decided to save some money and ski Scotland. What a surprise. Absolutely blown away with the conditions, so much so that I have been twice in March. The people there are great and everyone so friendly. Will definitely go again. All I can say is that it is difficult to plan a trip due to changing weather. I have been lucky this time but I followed the weather forecast closely and then chose my weekends last minute.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Epic snowboarding in hot sun, hot food, helpful lift staff and a huge variety of runs/pistes to choose from. Only wait was a few minutes at times. Lots of options whatever you want to ride. Lots of off piste served by the Pomas.

Very good value.

Hopefully will stay open for a few weeks yet.

1  Thank ScotsBiker
Reviewed 28 March 2013

What a waste of a place. I spent a few days skiing in glenshee and by far the worst experience I've ever had at a scottish ski resort and I've been coming to them for over 10 years. Ski hire was abysmal 1 hr and a half we waited with one person serving this is no good when you have 2 children. Nearly lunchtime before we get anywhere near a run. We get one run in kids hungry Lunchtime is not much better either the cafe by the road was terrible the smell off sewage was over powering and was incredibly over priced 6 pound for a cola and cold chips is daylight robbery and the que was out the door again one person serving food and one at the till. The homemade soup is quite good though. Back onto skiing again having a nice ski back downhill with my wife and kids and my daughter fell and was struggling to get back next up ski patrol comes past me and starts shouting at my daughter for not getting up quicker by this time I had caught up and was trying to explain that as a ten year old she was still learning this did not bother him and he continued in his tirade of "it's me who has to deal with it if anyone crashes into her" a bit over the top I thought. Anyway I pick her up and off we go she has slightly been put of skiing but hopefully after a few trips to nevis or aviemore will sort it out.

3  Thank Jimfromfallin
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Lots of good runs with friendly staff, well pisted groomed runs with very little queing ! huge car park with easy access to pay for your skiing pass. Only dislike was a few more runs could of been open but they were short of staff at the time we were there.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My wife and I are ski-numpties: we have each had 2 beginner lessons each some years ago, but could reliably manage neither the snow-plough nor turns, Until yesterday, when we had a two hour beginner lesson from David ( nicknamed Oz). By the end of this, we managed both to stop and to turn: sounds little enough, but this allowed us the freedom and confidence to spend the afternoon having fun. Importantly, we aren't scared of skiing anymore, and will go again. So thanks Oz!

The snow sports school at Glenshee seems to be run by an outfit called Gulabin Outdoors. The people we dealt with were friendly and helpful.

2  Thank WanderingMendicant