“Wonderful hotel, amazing food, beautiful views”
Review of Minmore House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glenlivet
Minmore House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glenlivet
Reviewed 22 February 2007

I surprised my husband with a stay at Minmore House for our anniversary and we didn't want to leave. The proprietors, Victor and Lynne, are great hosts who make you feel welcome from the second you step foot on the property. Nightly dinner at Minmore is not to be missed.The food, the wine, and the service are all excellent. I would highly reccomend Minmore House to anyone looking for an unforgettable Highland experience.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Persephone79
There are newer reviews for Minmore House

Reviewed 22 July 2006

We just came back from a family get together in the U.K. -- Minmore was the highlight of our trip! My daughter says there are five great things about Minmore - the food, the scenery, the friendliness of the owners and the staff, the dogs, and learning to fish. The hotel is in a magical setting in the highlands with wonderful gardens. The food was the best we had over the course of our 2 week holiday. Victor is an amazing chef. My son who is 10 was taught to fly fish from Yuri - Victor and Lynne's son. He is an excellent teacher. Both Victor and Lynne went out of our their way to make our stay enjoyable from start to finish including preparing the salmon we caught for an evening appetizer for the 8 of us in our clan. We have done a lot of travelling and truly this is one of those experiences that we will remember for a life time.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Ursulla
Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 March 2006

The most wonderful weekend experience we ever had. The owners went out of their way to accomodate us. From arrival to departure it was a fantastic. The food is to die for and the room left us speechless. A must do expericence of a lifetime. We will be returning there year after year. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston , Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2006

My wife (an Aberdonian)and I (a Londoner) are currently resident in Boston USA and were over in Aberdeen (with our teenaged kids) to see family and friends. The night at Minmore was my wife's present to me for Christmas. We travel and use hotels a lot and have learnt to focus on what's unique/unusual/best about any venue; and for Minmore that's the food and Lynne and Victor's hospitality.
Dinner was excellent: four courses, nicely paced, great ingredients and perfect preparation. The wine list is extensive for a place of this size: we had a very good chablis.
Breakfast likewise was excellent: all the normal choices are there (the fresh fruit was terrific given that it was December!), but I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon as a "lighter" option than the full monty Minmore.
But the exceptional meal that you must fit in is the high tea. Lynne's pastry is melt-in-the-mouth ambrosia! Mince pies, shortbread, elegant sandwiches.
The rooms are ordinary (as other review mention) but if you arrive hungry and are open to chatting to your hosts and fellow guests you will have a day to remember!

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2005

I couldn't have asked for a better place to pop the question. The staff was so helpful and courteous...they even helped me plan the evening (location, ambiance, etc.). If you can, stay in the Glenlivet room- extremely spacious and beautiful views. Right on the Whisky Trail, I highly recommend a 'nosing and tasting' from Glenlivet that can be arranged for you on site. Food is absolutely wonderful, the bar is stocked with anything you can imagine (including a whisky lover's dream inventory). Family run, and they make you feel like part of the family. I highly recommend this place, and will most certainly make another visit.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 3 October 2004

The meals are excellent, the hotel is beautiful and the owners are wonderful hosts. If you are visiting the Glenlivet distillery, plan to have lunch at the hotel. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the food outstanding.

If you are looking for a special experience, spend the day fishing with Yuri, you won't regret it. It was one of the best days I have ever spent fishing.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank F5983ALmatthewc
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 26 September 2004

Nice location near Glenlivet Distillery.
Really good food - especially dinner!
Rooms are furnished were cheap - look like a 3-star hotel.
Very high price - we paid 195 GBP per night - which is about U$ 350.
Staff tends to be a bit unfriendly.
Though dinner and breakfast are great it is definitely not worth this high price!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Minmore House? Share your experiences!