“Hospitality!!!”
Review of Grey Gull Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ardrishaig
Grey Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ardrishaig
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hospitality!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I live locally so have not stayed in the Grey Gull. My friend and I went out for a meal, which was fine. We had a couple of glasses of wine with our meal. The woman in charge repeatedly came up to us and started clearing the table, very obvious that she wanted us to leave - there were no other people in the dining room. She said that she could not leave us by ourselves in the dining room, as she had to stay there because of the bar. At 10.00 p m she came up and informed us that she would give us an extra 10 minutes as she was closing for the night, very poor for a Friday night in Ardrishaig - heaven help the tourists, what must they think?

If you are going for a meal, make sure you are out by 10.00 p m, or you will feel very uncomfortable and get the beady eye!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Portree
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stayed here for three nights on business, June '12.
Positives: staff are friendly and attentive without being nosey or in your face.
food, good quantity and reasonable quality. Many locals eat here, which says a lot. The dinning room is spacious with enough room between tables to get electric wheelchairs between.
Room was clean and tidy. En suite was the width of the shower unit, but I treat a hotel room as somewhere to store my chattels and to sleep. The room was on the side of adequate rather than luxurious but had a loch view.
Parking was adequate but one night it was so busy with guests and diners I parked in a handy layby.

NEGATIVES the only one really was that the vegetarian menu was a bit dated/limited. Mushroom Stroganoff is easy to make, but boring to eat in my opinion. Thankfully, this years go to veggie dish of risotto was absent. A veg currie on the specials board was tasty, but needed some protein in the form of peanuts/cashews/snowpeas!

this makes a good base for all the local tourist sites

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have not stayed in the hotel as I live locally. The food is excellant and the staff welcoming. I will definately go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Glasgow,Scotland
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed over for one night at the end May. I don't have a bad word to say about the place. Warm welcoming Hosts, excellent evening meals and breakfast. My room was huge, very fresh and spotless. Bed was very comfortable - not overly soft or hard. Good shower too with plenty of water pressure which I find is usually a problem in lots of small hotels. Would most definitely recommend. .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Although I did not stay ay the Grey Gull I did dine there last Friday evenng with some friends. The service was excellent and the food very well cooked. Heather and Bruce have always made us welcome when they were in charge of the Corran Guest house in Lochgilphead and no different here. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnieH14
Invrkeithing
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels on business so know which are good, bad or just OK. I managed to get a room booked on the same night I was staying and cannot fault this place. From the genuine, friendly welcome from Heather and Bruce this place is very relaxing with great views over Loch Gilp. Nice open feel to the dining room and when locals are eating you know the food must be good which it certainly was, and incredibly reasonably priced, I mean really well priced with everything at one price on the menu. Service is very friendly and a great breakfast seved too. Not to mention the great range of scottish bottled beers, lovely large paintings of the local scenery from a local artist and information boards to give you a sense of history about where you are staying. The room was large and well equiped and again, very reasonably priced. All in all, a cracking place to stay, ignore the bad reviews, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ifraser33
London
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at the this B+B for 1 night as we were attending a wedding in the village.
The hotel is run by very welcoming Australians and is on the loch front as you drive into the village. The restaurant seemed to be very well served but tourist and locals and we had a fabulous evening meal there. The chef is a huge asset to this place. Breakfast was also very good.
We had a room on the second floor and there aren't any lifts. Its not a huge walk but its something to be aware of.
We were given a family room with a double and a single in it. The room was huge and was on the front so again we had those fabulous views.
The only criticism I would have is that the bed was very small. I am spoint my having a huge king size at home but even so this felt more like a 3/4 than a double and I didn't sleep very well for this reason.
The bathroom was basic but clean and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardrishaig
Allt-Na-Craig
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Inveraray
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,377 reviews

Been to Grey Gull Inn? Share your experiences!