“Scottish hospitality at its best”
Review of Allt-Na-Craig

and 1 more site!
Allt-Na-Craig
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ardrishaig
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel, experienced recently for an overnight stay, is warmly recommended. Set in a stunning location and run by Hamish and Charlotte it was the nearest thing to staying with friends. Clean, warm and comfortable with first class food and wonderful views of the loch it was a place where you could relax, unwind and enjoy the peace and quiet. My TV wasn't working but this was speedily dealt with and the resulting picture was superb. A great success.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Allt-Na-Craig

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Having driven from Glasgow and visited Crinan first, we were received with a warm welcome by the owner Hamish and shown to our rooms.
Large double bed, very comfortable, fab duvet so warm at night. TV actually worked and was of good quality.
Shower cubicle and w.c. were clean as was the rest of the house.
Diner and breakfast food was good and plenty of it.
This was a 'sharing' the owner's home and well worth staying with them.
Highly recommended and perfect location.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front have view across the loch (you can watch the ducks too!).
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Exhausted and feeing like a contortionist after 8 hours driving, we were given a warm welcome and shown to a clean and comfortable room. The water was hot and the beds were just right. Hamish advised us where to go and eat and ensured that we were to treat the house like home as he handed us the front door keys! Breakfast was plentiful and the local smoked haddock delicious and all cooked by Charlotte. Her dinners are legendary apparently and next time we will be sure to try them but she had a well-earned night off on our arrival.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have read all the reviews. My experience based on visits in each of the last three years is that this is an excellent place to stay for business or pleasure. It was recommended to me by my partner who based his opinion on three earlier visits. I do not recognise the grumbles mentioned in the negative reviews. I agree with the review by ''Rose Marie W'' about it not being overpriced. This is a Guest House which provides evening meals (unlike most B & B's) and consistently offers value for what is charged. My recent visit in July 2012 for dinner, bed and breakfast in a single room cost £64 per night excluding VAT which one cannot say is imposed by the Guest Housel. I booked direcly with the Guest House and have the distinct impression that that is cheaper. They are usually at home to answer the phone and also deal with e-mail. The room was en suite, quiet and very comfortable with a very efficient shower.

Dinner consisted of three courses chosen from a varied menu and offered very generous portions freshly prepared and home-cooked. The breakfast was also freshly cooked offering a wide choice including Scottish specialties. My vegetarian choices were perfect.

Charlotte and Hamish are very attentive hosts. Hamish collected me by car from the town where I came off the bus (simply because it was raining) and next day took me to Lochgilphead where I had some business. I had difficulty in declining yet another lift to the bus for my return journey. I just wanted a walk. Another guest walked nine miles along the Crinan Canal and Hamish picked him up at Crinan for his return journey and in time for dinner.

What more could you expect? The overall experience is excellent and well worth the money.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of Loch Fyne are worth booking. Rooms from which you might see red squirrels or ev...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2012

A lovely property, a great breakfast, comfortable room, decor in keeping with the property, very clean and tidy. The hosts were fantastic and most helpful and very friendly. We do not think it was overpriced, but reflective of the great hosts, property and location.
We would highly recommend this B&B and hope to return in the future

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed here one night recently. It was very nice, spotless and comfortable.The food was fresh and well presented. The rooms were a bit cold in the eveing and could have done with some heating. We thought the charge for B&B was a little high but would recommend on all the other points.

Room Tip: Front facing to enjoy the loch views
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was a nice B&B set in lovely settings. We booked a room which over looked Loch Fyne. The views were beautiful.

We really enjoyed the breakfast and the owners were very friendly. My only slight criticism was that it was overpriced for a B&B.

Our window didn't stay open unless we wedged it with a bin, the shower had to be turned the opposite way from the hot and cold indicators and the decor was quite dated.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittlestHoboScotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardrishaig
Cairnbaan Hotel
#3 of 4 in Tarbert
The Royal an Lochan
The Royal an Lochan
#1 of 2 in Tighnabruaich

Been to Allt-Na-Craig? Share your experiences!