“Anniversary lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went here whilst staying in Dunoon for our anniversary lunch. Very atmospheric and tastefully decorated, excellent service. Menu wasn't extensive but what was offered was pleasing enough. Food nice but portions were only adequate and for the price I found it expensive. Paying for it's reputation .
Was let down by the deli , on our last visit the shop was much better stocked .

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'm not exactly a wild fan of fish. One bone puts me right off, but it always look forward to eating here, and I forget my prejudices and just get stuck in.

The ideal place for lunch, we often wonder where all the diners come from. Simply passing trade, or more likely, a nucleus of regulars!

I have developed a real love for oysters here, and have turned over a new leaf. The recent refurbishment seems to work well, but I agree with other reviewers that the menu seems a trifle shorter, and perhaps the prices a trifle steeper?

Despite this, I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Whilst Caledonian and another oyster alternative was available, no one seemed to know why native Loch Fyne oysters were "N/A" on the menu. However, the Caledonian's were plump and delicious, the scallops were huge and cooked to perfection and fish soup would have been perfect if served a little warmer.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just fantastic. The best ever oysters, crab claws and smoked salmon ever. Islay scallops, rib eye beef..... Want to go back very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Overpriced and I object to paying around £4 for a small bowl of overcooked vegetables (contained a few asparagus stalks, but no tips!). Had run out of the local beer. Staff had not tested the menu and were unable to describe the sauces.

1  Thank Johnny R