“Best customer service you could imagine”

Carradale Bikes and Buggies
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Carradale
More attraction details
Owner description: Carradale Bikes and Buggies’ mountain bike and electric all-terrain buggy hire centre opened for business this year. You can hire top quality bikes and less able/disabled people can join with family and friends to explore Carradale’s forest tracks and trails together. This beautiful countryside is now accessible to all. Our special all terrain electric buggies have a range of approximately 30 miles, enough for a four to five hour excursion at their restricted off-road speed.Our Trek mountain/trail bikes come in a range of sizes to suit adults and children and are equipped with suspension and disc brakes. Helmets are provided free with each hire.We also offer a dedicated bike maintenance and repair service, something unique to Kintyre and at Nellie B's tearoom you can feed up in comfort after your day out.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Aylesbury
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best customer service you could imagine”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We popped in here with the intention of spending a couple of hours cycling having bought the kids bikes as well, before travelling on to Campbeltown and Southend. However after speaking to Ian and listening to all his recommendations for the area and things to do we decided to hire a bike each for the kids as well as one for myself ( fatter tyres and suspension plus helps keep the facilities running!) while my wife and the in-laws do the red walk.
All I can say is that we had a great time cycling round, finding all the geocaches that are helpfully located on the route, and even my son had a smile on his face despite getting over enthusiastic on the downhill sections and front flipping into a ditch! My wife and in-laws thought the walk fantastic and on our return all Ian was concerned about was my son's well being (no problems there).
While we were out he had thoughtfully prepared a pack of leaflets and information for us for the rest of the week, and even spoke to the swimming pool in Campbeltown to check times and let us use the telephone to book a table at the local hotel which was also highly recommended.
Fabulous service with a smile and really appreciated. I also can't finish this review without a mention for Nellie B's which we used twice and had delicious home made food for both pre-ride/walk and post ride lunch. Thank you all and keep up the good work!

Tarbert, United Kingdom
“Buggies in the rain”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Well you've heardf of Singing in the Rain - now its Buggies in the Rain. We went with 14 people of all ages and abilities, to Carradale Bikes and Buggies. The weather was absolutely foul. Jim and Ian saved the day by staying with our group and guiding the buggies back while the rest tried the bikes. Even the bikers had to give up after an hour.
But by some chance, despite the rain, the bikes and the buggies arrived back at the cafe, Nellie B's at the same time where we dried off and warmed up and feasted on terrific food and milkshakes.
Ian and Jim could not have been more helpful. The buggies are great for people who are less able and allows them to go out into some pretty rugged country; the bikes have good gears to get up the hills.
It's a great activity for a day and we'll be back - hopefully the weather will be a bit more forgiving next time.

Visited August 2014
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good bikes”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

very good bikes, friendly service, when we came the shopkeeper was away for a short break but we did not have to wait long for another helper to come round.

Visited August 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tough but great fun”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We found a leaflet for Carradale Bikes and Buggies at our hotel. We had perfect weather on the day and had a great time. We went along the blue trail which I believe is part of the Kintyre Way. There were some hills which we had to walk our bikes up but it was worth it for the downhill parts.
We were given a paper map but it wasn't very clear. Not sure if it was because of this but we kept going down dead end trails! These were mainly all downhill which meant we then had to push the bikes back up.
I would advise that anyone who was thinking about doing these trips should think sensibly about what to take with them. We went on quite a hot day and I thought it would have been nice if the staff at the Bike hut checked to see what equipment we had with us. We turned up in jeans and hoodies without any bags and if we had set off as we were I expect we would have got into serious trouble with dehydration and sunstroke. Luckily we had a change of clothes each (we took running gear) and had water, sun cream, bug repellent, kendall mint cake, plasters and some hydration tablets. There were parts of the trail where we got very tired and hot. What's more, neither of us had any phone signal so if we had needed to be rescued we had no way of contacting help. Of course I am thinking of the worst case scenario (and this didn't happen to us) but I thought it would have been nice if the staff had checked us to make sure we weren't going to get ourselves into trouble.
The route took us to the top of the hill and the views were stunning. It was a great day out and I would highly recommend it

Visited July 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“TOTALLY AND UTTERLY "FAN BLOOMIN TASTIC!!!" "this you must experience"”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

=we were on our 3rd visit to beautiful carradale last week .myself and 7 members of my family were staying in lephincorrach farmhouse in superb torrisdale castle estate for 5 days.you have to see this place to believe it,its just stunning in the estate. anyway,we all bravely travelled down by bus cause we didnt have our own transport.a good few of us don't keep well and hav numerous health issues. so we decided to call carradale bikes and buggies to see if we could hire out a buggie. they had 2 all terrain" zoom buggies"(fondly renamed by my mad lot) so we asked if we could hire them for a couple of days and a bike for my nephew.they were ever so helpful and actually delivered them to us with no extra cost..we decided to keep them on hire for 2days.all of us experienced the buggies,we all completely fell in love with them.theyre not just for people with dissabilities to use,able bodied people have so much fun with them also.the buggies made our holiday.we needed some shopping one day but the shop is a bus journey or car drive away.so my sister and I decided to jump in our buggies and head to carradale on the open road to get in what we needed. each one had a place to put the shopping bags in,just so handy.they got us there and back which is approx 8 mile or so and there was still plenty of juice left in the buggy to drive all over estate umpteen times when we got back without having to charge it.that experience was brilliant,just brilliant!so liberating! a superb way to experience carradale.they have all the necessary indicators and mirrors for it to be used on the road safely.all my family left on the fri but I was staying in torrisdale(the arch cottage) for another week with my husband who just arrived on the friday.although hubby brought a car I didn't want to hand the buggie back yet as I was enjoying using mines so much,so I asked if could kept it for the full week we were there and it wasnt a problem.the estate is gigantic,discovering it on the buggy is def the way to check it out.also i think its the best way to discover carradale too.going round the estate or carradale in car is just to fast to appreciate all the wildlife,the views and stuff,. and did I not see plenty of that.everywhere i looked was another beautiful scene.i seen.deer,rabbits,eagles,ducks,oyster catchers,song thrushes, swifts, seals,moles,wee beasties and loads more.some of the wildlife i experienced in torrisdale castle estate alone was just breathtaking!when im back home in glasgow i do not go out the house much except for hospital appointments and the likes due to numerous illnesses but having this buggy got me out into the world every single day and loads of times a day at that. it gave me the confidence to do so.my husband was delighted with the fact I was out every single day,he witnessed the very positive impact that having use of one of these had on me. I would never have experienced the wildlife I encountered had it not been for the zoom buggy either.i thoroughly recommend hiring one of these all terrain buggies wether you have a disability or not.theyre just magic! so much fun,even in the rain,also,as they are all terrain you can practically go anywhere in one. theres loads of forest walks in carradale,this is just perfect for getting around them.they come with chargers so all you have to do when its running low on power is plug it in,so simple.theyre soooooooooo easy to use(hey if I was able to use buggy without problems then anyone could) .i'm hoping i will be able to hire one next time im in carradale,which will be on September 22nd.thats great for me but not sure if its great news for carradale..lol! it cant come quick enough.a huge big thank you to ian,malcolm and jim for being so nice and accommodating.you guys are stars,it was a pleasure to meet yous,it really was!oh the carradale network centre is great too, the heritage centre museums excellent. its totally free and there is free wifi there also.you cannot go to carradale without visiting nellies tearoom(which is part of the network centre),her homebaked carrot cake is to die for! everything we had to eat and drink from there was delicious. thank you ever so much to all that helped make our stay in gorgeous carradale as fantastic as it was,you all know who you are!!
btw,congratulations to anyone who manages to read all of this,i do go on a bit!lol!
tracy