“Perfect Relaxing Break”

Ashbank Hotel
Ashbank Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Carradale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Had a fabulous time at the Ashbank, weather could have been better, but hosts Tracy and Fiona were excellent, with advise on days out and things to do and see. The book on Kintyre which they lent us for the day really helped us discover the area. We stayed in a double room at the front of the hotel, it was very comforable not sure if it was all the fresh air or the bed but we both had the best nights sleep we have had in ages. Room was lovely and clean. We ate in the restaurant for the whole stay, the food was great though too many nice deserts for someone watching their weight. I would recomend the Steak Pie and the Sticky Toffee Pudding, delicious. Carradale is lovely little village, its like stepping back in time people are very friendly and I will definatly be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ashbank Hotel

Reviewed 29 September 2009

My friends and I stayed for 1 night in The Ashbank. Wish we could have made the stay longer. Excellent, family run hotel. The bedroom I was in (Number 1) had stunning views of the golf course and the sea beyond. Bedroom was very comfortable. Weather was fantastic too! Food/drink was super. Tracy was really helpful and made our stay very relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I can't find one fault with The Ashbank! I had the perfect weekend. It is an a picturesque location, lovely clean rooms, gorgeous home cooked food and the friendliest staff. Would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Ashbank is a decent wee hotel, though I reckon it's more B&B than hotel. The owners are superbly friendly and welcoming, and this makes you overlook the slightly tired decor. As I was travelling alone, I was offered a twin room at a discounted rate, which was really appreciated. The room itself was a wee bit tired, the wallpaper and furnishings both looked like they had seen a good few years between them, and the bathroom (good shower - no bath) was functional (but freezing!), and could have been a bit cleaner round the window. Breakfast was served in the charming tiny bar, and the owners were chatty and easy-going. Scrambled egg was a bit rubbish though! Overall though, lthe place ooked a much better option than the charmless, bigger Carradale Hotel down the road - am glad I chose the Ashbank.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Stayed at this hotel because of the recommendations but we were disappointed. The room overlooking the golf course was fairly small and very basic and with a strong lingering dampness odour that didn't seem to disappear. We couldn't wait to leave in the morning
The dinner was OK but just OK.
Breakfast was better.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fisk123
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Room was on the small side and had a put up bed to make it up to a twin (we were made aware of this in advance when booking). We had a glimpse of another twin room which was OK but was already booked out. So our experience wasn't totally typical I suspect. Wouldn't stop me recommending this as a good stop over if walking the Kintyre Way.
Service very attentive.
Lovely location in a beautiful and unspoilt part of Scotland.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I only stayed here one night and wish I'd had longer to enjoy the great hospitality and relaxing location. Ashbank is a very cute place to stay, set in a great location, minutes from the sea and a small 9 hole golf course on the back door. You would describe the rooms as basic but more than adequate and very good value for money.

The owners were more than accommodating and very friendly. Great breakfast too! I would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carradale
Auchrannie Resort
#3 of 6 in Carradale
Corrie Hotel
Corrie Hotel
#1 of 2 in Corrie

Been to Ashbank Hotel? Share your experiences!