“Lovely Time Again”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Island View

The twin room
The living room
The kitchen
The view from the porch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jack R
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Lovely Time Again ”
Reviewed 22 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This was the second time I had stayed at Island View on Jura with my wife, but this time with a baby and grandparents with us, and again it was lovely. The house is a great base from which to explore, be it a trip to the distillery, cycle ride by the sea, walk on the Paps, meal in the pub (the food at the Jura hotel is fantastic) or day trip over to Islay. The views over the bay from the front room are stunning and often you can see herons fishing just metres away on the beach.
This time we hired bikes from Jura bike hire and the man brought the bikes to us and couldn’t be more friendly and helpful in letting us fit a child seat to the back of the bike. It was the first time we had cycled with our 10 month old but the quiet road on Jura was perfect and she loved it.
The weather was mostly brilliant although on a couple of days a storm came in but that was a great excuse to stoke up the stove and make things in the house nice and cosy.
The thing I like most is simply the peace and quiet of this place - its such an amazing place to cut yourself off, get the freshest sea air imaginable and recharge the batteries in a place that has a wonderful pace of life - and why I’m sure we’ll be back again and again.

23 Jul 2018
Hello Jack n' co! I'm so pleased that you all enjoyed your break and that it was every bit as good as your first visit in 2013. Good to hear that the 'new addition' was able to enjoy the island via the Jura Bike Hire. I'd love to welcome you all back soon. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your Jura experience with future guests! Much appreciated. Annie
John M
“Island View Jura - An Oasis in a desert of mediocrity.”
Reviewed 8 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

I stayed in this cottage at the beginning of July with 4 "Picky" lady friends.
Well they found absolutely nothing to complain about. The cottage was brilliant, bright with a seaside theme throughout and spotlessly clean.
All of the kitchen equipment had been recently renewed and upgraded. Everything that we needed was there and not once did we think - oh that would have been useful.
The biggest bonus in the accommodation in my eyes was two bathrooms. Not once did anyone really have to wait even at girly rush hour when it was nearly time to go out.
The view from the lounge was like a painting from the south of France.
Otters fed and played in the sea right outside the window and just when you thought " a pair of binoculars would be handy", there they were conveniently sitting on a shelf.
I would highly recommend staying here, as would my 4 lady friends.
It is also very convenient to the local Hotel/pub ( about a mile I would think, all on the flat with stunning views of all the little boats sat in the bay to view as you gentle amble to the pub for dinner)

The accommodation is 10 out of 10.
I would highly recommend this cottage.

9 Jul 2018
Thank you John and co! Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am touched by your words. I always hope that guests will feel happy and comfortable but it isn't always known whether that is the case or not. You were especially blessed with the wonderful weather that everyone on the mainland has been experiencing and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the magic of Jura. Your review has made my day! Thank you for taking the time to write it. I hope that you choose to return at some point. All the very best and thank you again!
Annie
goetzbuch...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely, "ottery" place”
Reviewed 28 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

It can't get any better than watching otters having a big crab for breakfast while having breakfast oneself.... Island view is a lovely place, just a few yards from the Sea (water is pretty cold, though), with the gorgeous scenery of Jura. The interior is pleasant (a light blue, in harmony with the blue sea and the blue sky outside) is the dominating colour. Great place for sea kayaking as well, as the bay offers sheltered waters. Definitely tempted to return.

30 Jun 2018
Thank you for writing this review! I'm pleased to hear that you experienced some of the magic of Jura whilst having the hot sunny weather as a back drop. I hope that you return in the not too distant future - I'd love to welcome you back to Island View.
bryanphil...
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Ideal location just a stones throw from the beach”
Reviewed 4 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Just a mile from Craighouse, quiet, spacious and well appointed. A nice beach and wonderful views just a step away. Great family accommodation.Want to book it for the same time next year!

5 Jun 2018
Thank you Bryan! - I'm so pleased that all was up to expectations for your return visit. Sorry not to be able to offer you the Fell Race weekend 2019 but I look forward to welcming you back for your third stay in 2020.

All the very best and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Annie
Michael F
“Perfect location for beaches, hills and local amenities, including a distillery”
Reviewed 2 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Island View was a very comfortable and well positioned base for my exploration of the island. Ideally situated about 2 miles from the Paps of Jura and providing easy access to some of Jura's wildest and most beautiful areas.

3 May 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write this!

I'm pleased that all was well for your visit to Jura and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

13 Nov 2017
Thanks Emma n 'co! It's really good to hear that all was well and that you enjoyed your time at Island View. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Much appreciated! Annie
clhazy79
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Family-friendly cottage with stunning views”
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Just a short walk from Craighouse and Keils, and with a gorgeous view over the bay, the house has everything a family needs for a cosy stay on Jura. We'd definitely visit again.

9 Oct 2017
Hello there! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I look forward to welcoming you back some time. All the very best! Annie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing