“Excellent!”

The Holly Tree Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Kentallen
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Scottish
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Ate here for five nights in the trot while staying up the road lately and it had been recommended. The location right on Loch Linnhe gives superb views from the adjacent bar and restaurant straight across the Loch to the mountains and you can dine as the sunsets in a modern, immaculately clean and well staffed eatery with smiling, young staff who are really friendly and welcoming. Service is speedy and the meals are varied, reasonably priced and of high quality, especially the divine seafood. Children are given crayons and books to amuse themselves which is a thoughtfull touch. Anyone dining or staying there can use the excellent indoor pool for FREE. You can also eat outside on the decked patio when weather allows or stroll down to the lawned jetty which protrudes out into the Loche where you can finish your drink in idyllic surroundings.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nick G

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Food, Great View”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The windows overlooking the lake are definitely the big attraction at this restaurant. A word of caution though, if it's a bright, sunny day with little cloud cover, you might want to sit a row back rather than right at the window since it can get very warm, very quickly. We encountered this problem, but the view was so lovely, we decided to stick it out.

The food is very good, and the quality of the seafood served is quite high. For a starter, I had their haddock chowder and my husband had the fried brie. Both were very good, and I found the chowder to be exceptionally flavorful. For the entrees, my husband had salmon, and I had scallops. The scallops were definitely the best I had on the trip. They were exceptionally tender and moist and had a wonderful taste to them, somewhere between shrimp and lobster almost.

We were very pleased with our meal, and despite the baking we got from the sun, were very glad with our visit and would definitely come back.

Glencoe Village, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We live locally and everyone we know always raves how nice meals are at the Hollytree. So we took a friend on her birthday as a treat.
Pre-dinner drinks on the terrace with a very beautiful sunset were nice, but the chairs and tables were all wet even though there was no rain on the day, so we had to shuffle about tables and chairs to get dry ones.
Sitting down at our table we found three out of the four menus had to be wiped as there were crumbs and other bits stuck to the pages.
Service was overall pleasant but when ordering extra bread we did not need a long explanation on how chef does not like to give out more bread and that this extra bread than needs to be paid for.
My food was good, the crab & salmon starter and the salmon as main and one of my friend's vegetarian choices were good too, but the other two friends lucked out. As this was the birthday person, not good!
They ordered the chicken dish with haggis and pepper corn sauce. It was not edible. There were so many black pepper corns that the sauce was more black than anything else. The taste of the peppers must have been that overpowering that the two could not taste anything else the more they ate, so had more bread and the whole jug of water between them. The only comment from the staff was that it is meant to be spicy. My friends are used to eating spicy and love to overuse the peppermills during their meals but this was something a little different!
A nice touch at the end was a lit candle in the dessert for my friend.

1 Thank gohlah
Rothley
“Lovely food and lovely venue”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have almost completed our weeks stay in Duror, self catering, but decided to have a meal out as our end of vacation treat. Having read several reviews of local places, we thought we'd give the Holly Tree restaurant a try. We weren't disappointed. I've just had a delicious home made steak and ale pie here. Plenty of vegetables and a nice pint of beer, with a fantastic loch view to. The meal was hot and tasty with a serving fit for two people, but I still managed to get it down me and start on my wife's tasty haddock and chips.

2 Thank BarryIngram
“Food was good, view much better”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm giving this restaurant an "excellent" rating mostly for the location and the view onto Loch Linnhe, which is beautiful. We got a seat next to the window which was perfect. The food was pretty good, but not the absolute best I've ever had. I ordered the smoked fish chowder as a starter, which was truly delicious. The mussel main dish was enormous & the mussels were fresh, but the cream sauce was not the most flavorful I've had. My partner got a steak which came with a pepper sauce - he said the meat was high quality, but the sauce was extremely peppery (probably too peppery for most people to enjoy). For dessert, we split a pecan pie, which was delicious. If you stay in one of the local B&Bs, you get 10% off the total bill.