All reviews pool and sauna seafood restaurant scallops old railway patio doors stunning views loch linnhe bar menu cooked to perfection superb location porridge dining room lovely room hollytree hotel short break fantastic stay cooked breakfast
Reviewed 18 March 2014

From arrival to departure of our 'honeymoon' we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Friendly, helpful and cheerful staff along with an amazing hotel and excellent food menu covering every mouthwatering experience you could want especially the seafood dish. The array of local beverages was also divine.
We spent our days exploring the surrounding areas happy that returning here and having a sauna and swim, was the icing on the cake each day. We are booking our anniversary here this year, without a doubt and we cannot wait to return to Scotland.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were wonderfully suprised when we arrived with the views across the loch.

We had a Captains room with balcony and the room was lovely and clean. A large room with a large bathroom, with bath and shower.

You could spend all day looking at the view.

Had a meal in the evening, my wife had the Seafood rendezvous which she said was lovely.
I had the steak which again was cooked to perfection.

The staff in the restaurant were very helpful, with the seafood dish. My wife had never eaten oysters before or opened up langoustines. The staff helped her how to do it and she said it was delicious,

The rooms were quiet, with hardly any noise from outside.

Breakfast was good apart from two things. The bacon was anemic and the mushrooms were like tinned mushrooms and fried. They may not have been. The rest of the breakfast was good, the eggs being really tasty.

I would recommend this hotel for other people.

The swimming pool area was nice and clean. The sauna was nice , not too hot.

There are 2 single changing cubicles with lockers outside.

Room Tip: If you can the Captains room with balcony is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My fiance took me away for my birthday. Our room was lovely, nicely decorated, spacious with a balcony overlooking the loch. Fab bath! Food in restaurant was superb and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The only negative we encountered was in the pool and spa. There were unsupervised children playing which would not be a problem apart from the constant shouting and screeching and jumping into the pool. They made it difficult to enjoy a relaxing swim. The other downside was the lights not working overhead in the pool area which left us with too little light to dress by.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and we will go back

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Loved this beautifully presented and located hotel the first time around and loved it again this time.
The restaurant especially is just amazing, the Staff are very friendly and attentive and the food, wow!
The rooms are spacious and well cleaned with very comfortable beds, my only gripe with this room in particular (room 15) was that the noise from upstairs was verging on me requesting another room, it was just constant, luckily I wear earplugs to bed!
My Boyfriend and I enjoy using pool and spa facilities and looked forward to spending time in the pool and sauna but unfortunately there was a young boy kicking a ball the full length of the pool and bombing despite his mother being present?! It was just an awful experience and we left after 5mins as the parents seemed to think this acceptable behaviour. I understand the staff may be over stretched and this possibly the reason why the pool is always unsupervised but I think the pool area should have rules and regulations so that couples that have spent £260 for 2 nights can enjoy he facilities as well as families.
Despite my moans, The Hollytree Hotel is a wonderful place to stay and we will definitely return.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a fabulous weekend here. Wonderful room with balcony offering a stunning view over Loch Linnhe. Huge, comfortable bed in a beautifully furnished room. TV with DVD player and free wifi. Food was exquisite and service was fantastic. Indoor pool and sauna was perfect to relax. Couldn't fault this hotel and look forward to returning in the high season. Highly recommended :)