My partner and I stayed here on a whim after spotting a groupon deal that made it too good an offer to miss. We throughly enjoyed our stay and were made very welcome by Fiona and Nathalie. The food and recommended wines were just wonderful and as self proclaimed foodies we don't say that lightly.
This place is an eccentric little country hotel though and a few things that people who are more used to big city hotels should consider:
1. This is not a big hotel and there are only a few staff who multitask all of the roles that would normally be filled by a large army of staff. Don't expect everything to be served instantly. Go with the flow of the west, slow and steady.
2. It's an old country house. Therefore it isn't the modern city hotel many people are expecting. The junior suite we stayed in was just stunning. The decor matched the feeling of the house perfectly. However like all old houses hot water can take a little time to come through the pipes, run the tap for 5 minutes or so. Similarly some of the doors rattle and sound travels through the house so be considerate of others right to relax in peace before turning your music up to 11.
3. The food is amazing and they are very gracious to accomodate anything you need or want to avoid (not that we did). Dinner is at a set time however (7pm for canapés and 7:30 for dinner) and a set menu so as long as you don't expect to choose when and what you're eating then you're on to a good thing.
I really couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough for relaxing get aways. The walks nearby are fantastic for getting back to nature and by the end of your first night any of that uptight city awkward feeling will have dropped away and you'll feel right at home.
We'll be back Fiona and Nathalie and looking forward to it already!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taychreggan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taychreggan Hotel Kilchrenan, Scotland