“Great food”
Review of Hermon Guest House

Hermon Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinlochleven
Hermon Guest House
Ranked #9 of 9 Kinlochleven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hmm, I was oblivious to any religious books or vibes at the B&B - possibly too tired or just ignorant. One of the highlights of the place was the food for sure. If you like homemade bread, and packed lunches with brownies, toffees, and rich fruit cake (together with the usual sandwiches and chips), this is the place to go. I gobbled the sweets up upon the completion of my WHW route. They also have nice toiletries in the bathroom instead of the standard bottled generic soaps and shampoos.

Its not in the 'town centre' but that was fine with me. Its just a turning on the west highland way route itself.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lavy81

Reviewed 4 August 2012

This is a nice place to stay: mrs MacAngus was very friendly, we found the room spacious and the breakfast delicious. But, like GlasgowKauri, I would not recommend this B&B to same sex couples: I was walking the West Highland Way with my wife and had, upon booking the accommodation along the Way, requested a double room. Each B&B and hotel was able to provide us with this, except for the Hermon B&B, where we got a twin. Moreover, mrs MacAngus also wanted to know about the status of our relationship, which we found very embarrassing. When, like me, you're 40 and have been in a same sex relationship for almost 20 years you just want a double room, no questions asked.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Astrid2
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This is an old-fashioned B&B- two sisters who have turned their home into a place for strangers to kip and have breakfast. It's not too far a walk from the West Highland Way where it ends up in Kinlochleven, although it is right in the middle of a residential area rather than a town centre. It's only about 10 minutes walk to the town centre though so that wasn't a problem for us.

The house and decor are very old-fashioned, but I found my bed comfy, my room warm and the shower en suite hot; all you need on the West Highland Way.

The sisters give a very genuine warm welcome in true Scottish Highlands style, and they know the local area; they advised us on dinner and were interested in our little side trip to the Grey Mare's Tail waterfall (just 5 minutes along the road to the entrance to the walk there).

They offer free wifi and there is a comfy lounge including an added-on conservatory bit with a nice view of their well-kept garden. The latter gets nice and warm from the sun and is a good place to sit and warm up after a long walk in the cold and wet.

The two hostesses are obviously quite religious and active in their local church community as the house is full of religious books and so forth. They certainly didn't push this on us personally, but if you are for any reason uncomfortable with this you may want to stay elsewhere. If I'd been with my same-sex partner, or been staying for any length of time, I might've found it uncomfortable but for some it may be ideal, and if you're just passing through it's very nice.

Especially as it was easily the nicest cooked breakfast we had along the whole West Highland Way. Proper home-cooked grub, and hallelujah, fresh fruit on offer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family