After spending 4 nights self catering on the Isle of Skye, I was looking forward to having a two night hotel break to end my Scottish holiday. I was greeted with a shabby dated hotel. The manageress was nice. Very attentive but the hotel itself needs a total revamp. It's not a 3 star I'm afraid. The room was dirty, full of cobwebs and the shower was useless. Hot then cold or not at all! Room service non existent. Better more luxurious hotel in Glencoe for the same nightly rate. Won't be staying here again. Very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MacDonald Hotel and Cabins in Kinlochleven is at the head of Loch Leven with breathtaking views. Ideally situated for those walking the West Highland Way, along with other walks in the area. Mark and I took the hotel over on 17th January 2014 and appreciate all of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but look forward to receiving our own. We have seen the feedback on Breakfast times and this will be addressed! Thanks and we look forward to welcoming you. Helen & Mark ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hotel Kinlochleven
- The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins Kinlochleven, Scotland