“Great food and great welcome”
Review of Coriander

Coriander
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Lochgilphead
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food and great welcome”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

You can have Indian or Chinese here - we opted for Indian. On arrival shown straight to table and immediately told that they had no alcohol licence but it was okay to purchase from local off sales and bring in - so we did. The food was all freshly prepared and if a good quality which is sometimes missing in more rural areas. All the staff and the owner made a point of checking everything was okay without being intrusive. Finished off the meal with a banana fritter from the Chinese menu. Great value for money would return.

Visited October 2013

Highlands
“Always consistently good.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We travel to Lochgilphead regularly and always get a takeaway from Coriander. The curries are always delicious, and the portions sizes are good. Great food, good value.

Visited June 2013
Strathcarron, United Kingdom
“A Below average experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I decided to eat at this place after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I was working in the area & lochgilphead is hardly a hotbed of restaraunt choice.

Upon entering the place i stood around at the counter a few minutes before being shown to a table - i was the only sit in patron during my whole visit i may add. I think the locals use this mostly as a takeaway rather than a place to dine in.

I ordered a mixed pakora for starter & tandoori mixed grill for main. The waiter brought ny starters to me quite quickly - they tasted ok - however a little dry as i wasnt given a dip - normally i'd expect a mint sauce or chilli sauce to be served with pakora - but nope! I waited about five mins for him to come ask how my starter was, but he was hiding away in the back so i didnt really have a chance to ask for a sauce...

20mins passed and he eventually took my empty starter plate away- i commented i had expected a sauce, he said i should have ordered one alongside it...!? Random!

Onto the main course. The same fella delivered it to my table, sporting a sulky look on his face.

I cant really fault the food i ate, it wasnt amazing, it was decent enough & £20 covered the bill for one person... I just didnt enjoy the sulkyness of the service, and felt a bit like they'd prefer i order a take away instead of sit in... I guess next time im in Lochgilphead i'll try Taj mahal around the corner from here

• Visited August 2013
Lochgilphead
“Don't go if you're in a rush!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was my third visit to Coriander and on each occasion I have enjoyed my meal. However the slow service puts me off returning. The waiter informed us they were short staffed in the kitchen which is presumably why it was almost an hour before he took our main course order. Having taken our order it was a further 30 minutes before the food was served. There were no other diners eating in and a relatively small number of customers wanting take away.

Heaven help them if it was busy!

• Visited July 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

There were seven of us traveling in our group, occupying three rooms. Our room was so relaxing, sitting by the bay window, watching ships come in and out of the harbor as the sun set. Quiet area yet within easy walking distance to town. Hosts very friendly and gave us a wonderful dinner recommendation. Breakfast provided was very nice. Our only regret was that we were not able to stay longer.

Visited June 2013