“7 out of 10” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kilmory Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochgilphead
Kilmory Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Lochgilphead B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“7 out of 10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here four nights whilst on a fishing trip with friends. We had 3 rooms altogether. Rooms were spacious and facilities perfectly adequate. An early breakfast was arranged at a time of our choice and this was no problem for the hosts who were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfasts were fantastic with endless toast and tea / coffee refills. Car parking available too which is a bonus.

The only downside for me, was that the room, bathroom, window sills,inside of wardrobe drawers etc could all have done with a right good clean. The extractor in the bathroom was so thick with dust that the windows steamed up. The shower drain was blocked and cobwebs were in every ceiling corner of the bedroom and bathroom. The hoover stops an inch and a half from all walls and a thick grey layer of dust makes up the border - easily solved if 30 seconds was taken to use the hoover attachment - same with the cobwebs and extractor fan. As an asthmatic - you can imagine I wasn't best pleased.

There is no easy way to tell someone "Your house isn't clean enough". I didn't want to part on bad terms as other friends were staying on, so didn't mention this to the hosts - but I should not have been in that situation in the first place.

A few moments with the hoover would have meant this getting a ten out of ten - and that really is saying somethng coming from me.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Spurdog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tayside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and I staid here on our way back from Islay. Chose this guest house as we had our labrador dog with us and the owners didn,t have a problem with this.
When arriving the lady owner made us welcome and showed us to our top floor room.
The room was comfortable although for me at 6 foot 4 the bed was just a wee bit on the short side. Large bathroom with both bath and shower. I would reckon if you were walking in the area the bath would be great for a hot soak.The down side of the room was that the flat screen tellys digital signal kept breaking up and the room was dimly lit due to the energy saving bulbs. I,m sure if I had complained about the telly something would have been done.
Breakfast in the morning was nicely cooked with plenty tea/coffee, toast if wanted.
To sum up this guest house is not five star and doesn,t pretend to be. It is however comfortable and reasonably priced and if you have a dog then no problems the owners will make them welcome.

Room Tip: I,m sure if you had a reasonable complaint about anything then the owners would see to it