Review Highlights
Loved it, thanks so much!

It’s fair to say I hated horses before this visit and I came away a converted man. All thanks to... read more

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018
theclarksfob
Oban, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews western style hour trek beautiful scenery pub lunch lovely horses riders patricia boots ease estate jura
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

All thanks to Trish and her terrific staff including Savannah, we chose the two hour trek with a pub lunch break at the Lord of the Isles.

The most painful aspect was getting my teens into their riding gear, bloody painful to be frank with two boys. Eventually we found low rise boots were easier to get on.

Trish’s instructions were clear and educative and the minute I saw my horse Jura, I lost most of my fear. He looked calm (as did all the others) and I was able to get used to him pretty quickly.

The day was a revelation as both my wife and I were nervous due to earlier life experiences, but we totally loved it.

Thanks Trish, we’ll be back when we’re next up in Argyll!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Really lovely time had by all. Staff friendly and helpful. Lovely location and beautiful horses. First time western riding but loved ever minute. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Visited this week with my three grandchildren one of whom we suspected might panic when confronted with getting in horseback. Trisha was outstanding and extremely patient long after others would have given up. So much so that not only did we get them all on horses, Trisha personally walked Lois around the trail and by the end wanted a horse of her own. I suspect she’ll be a convert for life. I cannot praise this place highly enough!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Really friendly and very enjoyable hour horse riding around Lunga estate. Lots of ups and downs so gives a bit of interest in the horse riding. Would definitely do again.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

If your thinking about going horse riding STOP, stop thinking about it do it. I had never been horse riding before, however from the minute I arrived , I was made to feel totally at ease, safety hat and riding boots were provided and I was introduced to my horse. I was then guided into an arena, where I was given a ten minute induction on the correct procedures. (Don't worry if like me you don't take it all on board, as the horse is listening and know exactly what's what, and will help you out? ) I decided to go for the two hour ride stopping off for lunch and I was out with Trisha and it was an excellent experience from start to finish.

One thing you could not help from noticing is just how happy and well look after the horses are, When I was out on my riding experience we passed other horses belonging to the stables, you should have seen the horses communicating with each other and follow as far as the could showing off (saying please my turn next)

If you only do one thing when your in the area? This has got to be it? You will cherish the memories forever.

Date of experience: June 2018