Kirnan House B&B
Travelocity
Kilfinan Hotel(Kilfinan)
US$168
  • Restaurant
Stonefield Castle Hotel(Tarbert)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$213
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
The Royal an Lochan(Tighnabruaich)
US$140
Grey Gull Inn(Ardrishaig)
Travelocity
Allt-Na-Craig(Ardrishaig)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubhonesty barbbq hutfour poster bedfreshly baked breadan amazing placebeautiful groundsb blovely walkmake teaan excellent hosthonestly barhidden gemlog cabinthe ownerlittle piece of heavenan extra night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I wanted a family break, I had two 25 yr olds at 38 yr old a 60 yr old and an 83 yr old. We all fitted comfortably in the chapel, there is so much to do, my sons fished, my father relaxed in the grounds and my partner and I walked. Ross hospitality is second to non, we had eggs each morning from the chickens that roan in the grounds and a jar of home made marmalade to welcome us. The house was so warm and cosy. The bath is massive and the beds are really comfy.I will go back, it is a comfortable house and I was so happy there

Room Tip: the chapel sleeps 8 people, speak to ross directly, he is very nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife, Jack Russell Sunny and I stayed at Heron Cottage back in October and loved every minute.

We just wanted a week away, no distractions, where we could take Sunny for long walks without having to travel too far every day, and Kirnan House didn't disappoint. Even though it's a 7 hour drive from where we live, it was worth the effort!

The self catering cottage was great, spacious, clean and the open fire was well used every night.

The scenery around the house was amazing, as well as the coast which is only a short drive away.

The hosts were great, offering fantastic advise.

I work on business in Argyll and Bute, which lead me to use this B&B when I'm in the area and will continue to do so whenever I'm next up there!

Thanks you to the hosts for a great stay and hopefully we'll be back at Heron Cottage in October for more adventures!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheSkiffs1
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Perfectly sited in historic Dalriada, if you wish to delve into Scotland's medieval past Kirnan is a place you will not be able to help but love. Accepting, scenery, history and all the high praise comments for the house itself, for us the host completed the package. Ross Appleyard is clearly a man who has lived & travelled, but now appreciates the lifestyle Kirnan provides. Expect when you arrive to get involved in the place and share experiences and you wont be disappointed. Ross we believe is a host who cares about people, and what makes them tick, he can work individuals out very quickly, and this in turn will ensure your stay is exactly what you want it to be. We look forward to a return trip, and to sample some more of his cooking which could grace the Masterchef screen very comfortably.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our group of 12 friends and colleagues from all corners of the UK were hosted for a long weekend at the beautiful Kirnan Estate. The chef-proprietor Ross was a welcoming, friendly and accommodating host. The estate itself was a stunning example of Scotland's wild beauty and I fully intend to return and explore the grounds more fully. We had a day trip to Oban to visit the distillery and sample some of the fresher-than-fresh local seafood both of which were excellent! Ross provided some delicious home-grown food for our dinner and the venison casserole was one of the best I've had. Such a satisfying weekend of rural decadence and good cheer at a location that kept on surprising and delighting (ask about the gentlemen's thunder box!) for so many reasons. I rarely write reviews these days so a place has to be truly special (or awful!) to get me writing and Kirnan is indeed a special wee treasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank surfpunkian
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great weekend at Kirnan House. The location is incredible and just what you need if you want to get away from it all. The house and the accommodation itself was exceptional, food was delightful and Ross was incredibly hospitable throughout.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends