Lochgair Hotel
Kirnan House B&B(Lochgilphead)
US$107
US$103
The Argyll Inn(Lochgilphead)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Empire Travel Lodge(Lochgilphead)
The Corran(Lochgilphead)
TripAdvisor
Horseshoe Inn(Lochgilphead)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool tableto suit all tastesroad noisewould stay here againshort stayopen firepeteroadsidelochcampbeltown
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We returned again to the Lochgair on our way to the Island of Gigha, and found the hotel every bit as good as it was the last time we stayed there in July 2010.

The accommodation, food and service is as good as you will get in the West Coast of Scotland, and we recommend this as a good stopping off place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I flew from Australia to have our second wedding there with his family. It was fantastic. The staff were very organised and accommodating. The food was great and plenty of it. All of our guests stayed the night at the hotel. Hubby and I stayed elsewhere so cant make much of a comment on the rooms but from what i've heard from our guests, there were no complaints and everyone was happy with their stay. Thanks again for helping to make our special occassion a memorable one, and for being so accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed here for 2 night at the end of April and had a fantastic time. The current owner has been in charge for 18 months and, based on what a few other reviews have said, it looks like he's made a lot of good improvements. The owner was very friendly and helpful, the decor in the rooms was good and they were spottlessly clean. The bar had a fantastic selection of whiskies and the bar food was home cooked and absolutely delicious with very generous portions. The choice at breakfast was really big - salmon, hake, kippers, traditional cooked, cereal.... We all ate different things and it was all good.

Other plus points were a small residents lounge and a pool table and garden outside with some picnic benches.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend away or if you're passing by, stop in for some decent pub food.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kegaline
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I can only assume the previous reviewer was lost and not at the Lochgair hotel at all. During the course of my business I stay in many hotels and guest houses all over the country and abroad. I can tell you from experience that the Lochgair Hotel is is one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels I have been in. The fact I have stayed there on more than one occasion is testament to my statement, as I never go back to places where I have had poor service, food or cleanliness. The fact that these were leasure trips and I was spending my own money also demonstrates my belief in the excellent value for money that this hotel provides. I feel the owner did not need to reply to this unjustified bad review but his reply shows the type of commitmnet that the new owners are making to try to put their stamp on this hotel. I can heartily recommned this hotel to anyone looking for someplace in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2010

when we arrived we were greeted by a guy with no teeth,who claimed to be the manager...but appeared to be needing to take some medication! he also looked like he had just fell out of bed....and didnt have a clue about anything!!!!! the rooms are clean but falling apart and the decor in the hotel is awfull.....umm revamp needed!!!!!
we also were served our starters by a young girl who had the worst body odour we have ever smelt!!!! really disgusting..and put us of our dinner....even though the dinner its self was a disaster...who the hell cooked it?????? a chimp???
now like i said there was one good thing about this place....a lovely young man with a smile to stop you in your tracks,warm freindly and polite....think his name was jamie??? he was our saving grace really....it was very clear that he was the only one that had a clue what was happening!!!! we hope that the owners realise that jamie is the one good thing about the place....althoug we cant undersatan why he is wasting himself there!!!?? so awfull food and awfull rooms and awfull staff apart from the angel jamie!!! keep up the good work boy!!! and young girl....please have a wash!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank sdavis902
pete886, Owner at Lochgair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2010

Hello, this is a response to your complaint about your stay with us in August, we are sorry your experience was not up to standard and we have taken measures to rectify your experience, the person who you met was not a manager he was a cook from the kitchen who should not have been front of house, and is no longer with us, he was also the chimp who cooked your food while the chef was ill, who is no longer with us either, so we have taken onboard your observations and employed a new chef and with the ongoing refurbishments that are in place for 2010 and 2011 will see a big improvement in the decor of the whole hotel. We have only owned the hotel since november and as you can appreciate to get the hotel to an acceptable standard takes a little time. Jamie is still here and we know how good he is. If you would like to contact us we will sort out a complimentary package suited to your requirements.