“Lovely place to stay”

Empire Travel Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochgilphead
Empire Travel Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Lochgilphead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very friendly welcome. Immaculate guest house. Good sized room equipped with everything you could need. Good heating system.Nice breakfast made even more enjoyable with the good "Glesga" banter.Would certainly recommend this to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart C
There are newer reviews for Empire Travel Lodge

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is my 3rd time I have stayed at The Empire working away from home. I told my boss after my 1st stay, if you send me back to Lochgilphead please book me into the Empire. I do like this b&b, the rooms are clean, spotless, warm & cozy, the bed is very comfy, every night I had a good sleep. Jim & Ellie, the owners are very friendly. The breakfast is fab too:-)
Des Allen, Glasgow

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Desmond2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We booked the whole hotel for my sister's birthday in late December.On arrival on a particularly blustery day we were greeted by co-owner Ellie.Who immediately made us feel very welcome.The rooms are spotlessly clean and warm.Later in the evening,we had booked dinner for 18.The food was homecooked,substantial and delicious.Service was swift,friendly and informative.After dinner eveeything was cleared away with the minimum of fuss,allowing us all to enjoy a good West of Scotland party.Complete with lots of alcohol and singing of variable quality!Astoundingly in these parts not a single penny was charged in corkage.The following morning,Jim and Ellie prepared a fresh breakfast,and were delighted that we'd had such a memorable evening.Many people(especially on the north-east of Scotland!)could study this couple as a template for genuine,committed hospitality.A pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank SanchoGlasgow
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Travelling on business can be tedious so when you arrive at your base for the night you just want everything to be 'just so' and the Empire Travel Lodge provides that. Spacious room, bath and shower with plenty of hot water, super fast free WiFi and a comfortable bed. Being able to control the heating in the room meant it was hot when I wanted it and off when I was sleeping (too many places provide you with no control, resulting in a stuffy room you cannot get to sleep in) tea and coffee making in the room, comfortable armchair so I don't have to sit on the bed when working or watching TV.

Breakfast cooked to order (perfect poached eggs!) and served very quickly.

All in all a great stay and would have no hesitation in returning.

Also enjoyed the history of the house (but won't spoil that for you, you will have to stay to find it out!)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Jim and Ellie welcomed me at the door on arrival, lovely couple who make you feel right at home from the second you arrive, the reception area is spotless as is the whole place, shown to my room which is very spacious, clean and has personal touches like shower gel and shower cap in bathroom, hair dryer, a kettle with tea, coffee and biscuits to name a few, Jim showed me how to work heating in room which is very simple and can be turned on timer for half an hour, 1 hour or 2 and comes on anytime which is great as I was never cold. The rooms have free wifi which isn't slow. The bed is a good size and very comfortable with 2 pillows each. I had my evening meal and breakfast and both were delicious and home made, They have a good selection to choose from. Honestly could not pick any faults with this place and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katy M
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We only stayed one night but would happily stay here again and for longer next time. We were given a warm welcome and shown the layout. The room was spotless, well equipped with those little personal touches and very comfortable. The breakfast was superb and definitely set us up for the day. Jim and Ellie are excellent hosts and we a looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Comfortable bed. Spacious and spotlessly clean room. Great breakfast. Home cooked food is served in the Bistro in the evenings. Jim and Ellie were very welcoming hosts. Definitely a place to return to if in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgilphead
Lochgair Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardrishaig
Horseshoe Inn
Horseshoe Inn
#4 of 7 in Lochgilphead

Been to Empire Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!