All reviewsthe pubgreat fooddown to earthroom was comfortable and cleanthe ownerargyllfusshomemade
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We didn't stay here but popped in for a drink or two one damp Monday late afternoon. At first we were the only ones in but a few more visitors came in whilst we were there and were welcomed in the same friendly and warm way as us. Nothing was too much trouble, the bar manager put the tv on for us in our corner as we couldn't quite hear the football from the tv in the other corner. As we now know from this site, we were served by the landlord and landlady (at different times) and both were friendly and welcoming as were the bar manager and other lady, all willing to make small talk with these strangers who had come into their bar. We originally left the dog in the car but one quick enquiry later and she too was soaking up the atmosphere and given a bowl of water and a fuss. Alas we didn't get to sample the menu although it looked full of home cooked delicious bar meals and had time not been against us we would indeed have returned!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Initial concerns were gone within seconds!! So so friendly and welcoming. All members of staff went the extra mile to make my girlfriend and myself (and our doggie) felt at home and well looked after. Thankyou

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 30 April 2011

The owners are a very nice couple and are eager to help in any way they can, the food is of a good standard and not expensive for the area. The rooms are very well presented and kept ingood order daily and the showers are very efficient. The room that Istayed in was above the public bar and there was very little noise to be heard at night. As I started work on a morning before breakfast was served there was a packed lunch supplied for me daily.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2010

If you’re in this neck of the woods stay here! There is nowhere better in this town. The owners really make this place special, the Landlady, Kelly is from New Zealand and the Landlord, Oddie is Irish, they make a great combination, I can’t recall ever laughing so much. It’s wonderful to meet people that are in the hotel business because they enjoy people. All the staff are great – and we would like to say a big thank you for making us so welcome.
Rooms are well appointed, very clean and come with tea/coffee making facilities. The biscuits are a really nice touch, but be careful, not to stuff your face and miss the great breakfast. Everyone really made us feel at home, we were introduced to some of the colourful locals and honestly you feel right at home.
The restaurant is fantastic value for money, I had the lamb shank £10 and could not make room for pudding. Good choice of wine and again very reasonable, lovely Malbec for £12

Well done everyone Love it – ten out of ten!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

What a nice little find. I was travelling alone and quite by chance stopped with the hope of a room for the night. Not only did I get a very comfortable and clean room but also got a wonderfully friendly welcome and great service by every staff member I met. I am saving the best until last and that is the restaurant. The food was absolutely superb and really great choices of dishes. The only downfall is that I could only stay for one night . PERFECT PLACE , PERFECT SERVICE AND PERFECT FOOD!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple