All reviewsthe pubdown to earthroom was comfortable and cleangreat breakfastthe ownerargyllfusshomemade
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Clean but sparce bedroom bathroom was really just a box, no views but central location. Really very average souless rooms. Breakfast was fry up or cerial, no fruit, no porridge not my cup of tea or instant coffee! In this day and age would it be so much to ask to get a real coffee in the morning!
The staff at breakfast looked vacant and just as souless as the rooms.
There seemed to be workmen in every other room so more a workies place than a Hotel..

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for a better room..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristyl c
theargyllhotel, Owner at The Argyll Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Hi Kristyl C

I am sorry that your stay was only average as we try our best to make all guests feel welcome and normally all staff are chatty with people whether it be morning, night or day.

I dont have the views that some of the B & B's have but cant do anything about it hence we are used by workmen but we do get tourists and foreign tourists as well and they normally let us know that they have found the rooms fine.

I had only taken over the hotel for 5 months when you stayed and have been making improvements all the time. But I take on board your comments and when funds become available we will be looking to upgrade the rooms and add a few soft touches to them.

Yours
Karen Ellis

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were made so welcome at this lovely hotel for a three night stay. The new owners and the staff (since February 2012) were very friendly and helpful, especially as the previous owners had not passed on our booking details from the previous October! Our room was clean and comfortable with a huge bathroom and we were not disturbed by late night noise, even though the bar is open until 1am!
The breakfast was excellent and the evening meals either in the bar or the restaurant were really good too, combined with excellent service, so that after the first evening we continued to eat there from a varied and reasonably priced menu. The new owners are making a big impact with a current refurbishment of the bar area and a future upgrade for the accommodation. We were made to feel very much at home and will stay there again when next in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poshforme
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We overnighted here whilst touring and found the room very clean and comfortable. We were not bothered by any noise from the bar and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My partner and I stayed overnight in the hotel during a quick week-end away. Our room was basic, but spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. Good food as well - a great breakfast was included in the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here and was in room 5 and yes there is a droning noise but the new owners are aware of the noise problem and switch the air conditioning unit off at night and then the noise stops.
I was speaking to the new owners and they have been here since february this year and seem to be doing a great job. The hotel has not got any great views but is comfortable and clean and has a great atmosphere about it. The staff are very attentive and helpful. Some of the rooms are over a bar but during the week it is not overly busy so I dont think it would be too much of a problem for noise. I paid £60 B & B per night for a double room for myself and husband and the breakfast was very good. We also ate dinner in the hotel and I cannot fault it as it was excellent in taste and value(You can get 2 courses for £12 but the meals are generous and I couldn't manage a second course). I will certain use again when in the area

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple