Horseshoe Inn(Lochgilphead)(Great Value!)
Kirnan House B&B(Lochgilphead)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsdown to earthroom was clean and comfortablegood sizegreat breakfastthe ownerpubargyllfusstvhomemadestuart
Reviewed 31 August 2010

What a nice little find. I was travelling alone and quite by chance stopped with the hope of a room for the night. Not only did I get a very comfortable and clean room but also got a wonderfully friendly welcome and great service by every staff member I met. I am saving the best until last and that is the restaurant. The food was absolutely superb and really great choices of dishes. The only downfall is that I could only stay for one night . PERFECT PLACE , PERFECT SERVICE AND PERFECT FOOD!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

when we arrived we could not expect what was behind the door. a very good place to stay. nice room, clean and a very helpful staff!
the food was so good. our diner was the best of our 11 days journey through Scotland. it was excellent! really. breakfast also. it was a shame we could not use a lunch.
so if we ever come in this area: we will visit again. very nice people, well dressed, cotton tablecloth and napkins, the most pretty spoons and knifes I have ever seen.
we enjoyed it and felt very spoiled.
so thank you people for a very good stay at your place!
herman and anny

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

It was £40 a night including an excellent breakfast. Which is a good start. And Lochgilphead is a fascinating town. So the upshot is it's worth the money. Me and my colleague spent three days at the Argyll Inn. The inn, at first, is like many small town Scottish pubs - not glamourous or flash but the locals and staff get along nicely and are courteous and welcoming to visitors and there's plenty to drink. So nothing special but nothing unpleasant either. However, the restaurant next door was superb. Excellent menu well presented food and good price. The rooms presumably are next on the to do list for this new family takeover. At the moment they are good value - you'd be hard pushed to find a cheaper room in this part of the world - but with a decent makeover they could easily charge a lot more. As for now, the rooms come with TV, tea making stuff, biscuits and an excellent new power shower, but it's only a matter of time - I guess - before the excellence of the restaurant makeover will spread through to the rooms. Overall fabulous value for money, great food and wonderful people. If you go to Lochgilphead give yourself the challenge of buying a pint from a pub called The "Comm". We failed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2010

This hotel has recently been taken over by a lovely couple with a young family.

Judging by the change of scenery from a couple of years ago it is certain that this establishment is heading for good things.
The restuarant has been given a really nice makeover and this mirrors the food on offer now and I compliment the chef ( keep up the good work)

The room was clean and tidy and comfortable.

The staff were always responsive and helpful.
I would easily recommend this hotel for the future as it will get better and better.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I had read the reviews before booking my accomodation, but it was take the room or travel 120 miles home. So I was pleasantly supprised when I found the staff very helpful, the room comfortable, with TV, Tea and coffee provided in my room. The room was comfortable and clean. I had my evening meal in the restaurant downstair, the service was excellent, the menu was good, and the food first rate. I would be happy to return and use the Argyll Hotel again. I have already recomended the hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business