“wonderful”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Having had a meal in the Seafood Bar on Monday night, we decided to eat in the more formal Westward on Wednesday and what a treat it was!! We had a round table at the back of the restaurant and although we ended up by ourselves, it was just fabulous. There were 4 choices of starters; I had the scallop brochettes and my husband had the smoked salmon. Both were lovely. The soup was a shellfish veloute and was super. There were again 4 choices for the main course and I had halibut and my husband had lamb; again both wonderful. For dessert I had peach sabayon and my husband had cheese and we both thoroughly enjoyed them. The service was very good without being overwhelming, as it might have been considering we were on our own. The whole experience was just wonderful!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Sometimes, being by oneself is awkward, not here, made to feel welcome, the service was brilliant, the food (scallops) fantastic. Despite weather, the view and the spectacle of watching boats negotiating the locks are well worth a visit. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Cosy bar with excellent fish and chips andview of the comings and going at the entrance to the Crinan canal.

1  Thank gogarden
Reviewed 11 July 2012

On yet another wet night, I decided to treat her indoors to a meal at Crinan Hotel.
Well we were not disapointed, one of the best seafood meals we have ever had.
I went for the fish of the day, which was grilled Halibut with lemon and caper butter, wow, so tasty!
Wife went for Scallops, she loved them, and a very generous portion.
We shared a sweet of the day, a delicious home made Apple pie.
Friendly staff, quality food, very fair pricing, we will be back!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The views and whole outlook are fabulous, food is excellent, you can spend the day pottering around here. Make sure you walk up the canal and find the artist living on a houseboat, he does some great stuff

1  Thank DavidBrownlow