All reviews loch sunart chef gary drawing room ardnamurchan peninsula tasting menu this wonderful hotel romantic getaway amuse bouche small hotel venison portion sizes log fire window seat public rooms dining room langoustines beautiful location
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Recently visited Klicamb Lodge. Food is amazing. Staff extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Hotel itself is stunning, setting and grounds are wonderful. Altogether a first class experience. Thank you to the owners and staff for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaineyDoll
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at Kilcamb Lodge for the first time, and I hope to return soon. The staff is exceptionally friendly and efficient. The food is wonderful. Each dinner, in addition to a large a la cartel menu, a separate seafood menu -- updated daily -- offers an excellent selection. My room was small but very comfortable. In the area are plenty of trails and sights, and the hotel itself is on the shore of Loch Sunart.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a great stay at Kilcamb recently. From our arrival to our departure we enjoyed every second. The staff are very professional, friendly and knowledgable of the local area. The afternoon tea was delicious and a teaser as to the quality of what we could expect for our evening meal. The food was delicious and a great selection of wines available to accompany every option. My only regret was that I didn't sample the whiskys available. The scenery on the grounds of Kilcamb is stunning and well worth exploring either by day or evening. We were lucky to experience a brilliant sunset by the loch to cap an amazing stay. I used to visit Strontian once or twice a year to see my family and the views, hospitality and serenity of the area is something that I have never found anywhere else. Thank you to all staff for a memorable visit

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017

The service, food and rooms are all first class. We have visited this hotel over a number of years with our two small terriers. A gem of a place, situated in its own large grounds overlooking a sea loch in this beautiful, almost overlooked, part of Scotland. The rooms are large, clean and well equipped. Evening meals and breakfast are excellent and the friendly service is second to none. Dogs are made very welcome. I cannot find fault with this hotel, probably one of the best all round establishments that we have visited in Scotland........and we have stayed at many! The surrounding area is fantastic. Try the road to Lochaline or the B8043 loop. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a balcony but not such a good loch view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Really charming hotel with a fantastic restaurant.

We stayed for 2 nights as part of a week in the highlands. Loved every second.

The restaurant is probably the most commented on aspect, which i am happy to confirm is fantastic. We were half board for 2 nights, and enjoyed every meal, especially the tasting menu on the 2nd evening. Great selection and took very good care of my allergies. Tailored the meal for my restriction and what we had eaten the night before. Perfect!

We opted for a bigger lock view room (no. 8), which had some of the best 180 degree views I've seen in a long time. Room itself is charming, though more a nice farm house style than luxury, but perfectly fitting for the surroundings. Very comfortable king sized bed.

The setting is stunning. The online photos really don't do it justice. It is right on the edge of a tidal loch, so the view varies through the day. Grounds are very well kept, and you can spend hours just looking at the scenery from the hotel. We stayed in early May and it didn't get dark until around 10, so you can really enjoy the view!!

Highlight for us was the team. Paul the manager (especially) and the rest of the staff were excellent. Really made you feel at home and helped out in every way. Took an interest and helped create a fantastic itinerary for the time we were there.

Lots of stunning places to visit with a car, and a lot seemed to be off the beaten track.

Absolutely charming and hope to come back soon.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple