Brander Lodge is a hotel with that added extra, the most friendly and inviting atmosphere you could ever ask for. I am sure becoming friends with the owners and staff is not compulsory, but you will have a hard job trying not to.
I have returned from my 2 night stay, with wonderful memories, not only of my niece's wedding,(also at the Brander), but of my stay in general.
The hotel, recently under new management, is tastefully refurbished in a way that makes you relaxed and totally at ease.
The spacious and bright lounge contains a huge selection of toys, games, books and DVD's to cater for children of all ages, which kept my 2 year old grandson happy throughout our stay.
Adults were not forgotten, with lots of books and DVD's and the use of the hotels laptops for those spare moments.
The grounds, set in the backdrop of Scotland's lush greener were beautiful and well maintained and also contained some outdoor toys to keep your young ones amused.
Our bedrooms were clean, with pristine bedding and towels, the most comfortable mattress and contained all the little extras you expect in a hotel room.
On the day of the wedding everyone worked tirelessly to the smooth running and success of the special day. The dinning room was decorated to prefection, cheerful and unflustered staff were constantly at hand, to tend to any little need.
The wedding breakfast was plentiful and beautifully presented, using locally sourced produce, and cooked to perfection, even after a 'slight delay' in the meal timetable, caused by the wedding party ourselves.
All the other meals during our stay were excellent, I particularly loved the breakfasts which contained an extensive continental style menu, as well as the traditional scottish cooked breakfast. Tea and coffee were also available throughout the day.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, and will certainly be back again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have now reached 3 star rating with the completion of the new ensuites. Warm, welcome, friendly hospitality is offered in this family owned and operated country Hotel & Bistro quietly set in three and a half acres of landscaped gardens in the shadows of Ben Cruachan at the mouth of the historic Brander Pass. We have 21 rooms all en-suite compiling a combination of singles, twins, doubles and two, two roomed family rooms. The Hotel has an ongoing refurbishment program and will be carrying out further upgrading of facilities late Winter early Spring 2015/16 as business permits, with minimal disruption to guests as it shall be completed in closed off stages. Our Menu offers freshly prepared and locally sourced food where possible and portions are generous with a more homely nature, wholesome and hearty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Brander Lodge Hotel And Bistro
- The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro Taynuilt, Scotland