“Lovely family run hotel with a warm welcome, friendly staff and very good food - what more could you ask.”

The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taynuilt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We have just had a marvellous weekend at Brander Lodge. The weather was very kind to us which made the time even more enjoyable. David and Sheila and their staff couldn't do enough for us. Very relaxed friendly atmosphere and a great craic with staff and guests alike. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013
David K, Owner at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Helenekiernan

Thank you for your lovely positive review and comments, so glad you had an enjoyable weekend with us at the Brander Lodge Hotel and we look forward to you returning again in the near future.

Owner/Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Had dinner with friends, having been told the restaurant had improved. Food was mediocre, service was less than average, dining room was empty. Atmosphere was cold, staff seemed disinterested. Overall, very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Oliver P
Oh my!! I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your food nor the atmosphere and service we provide at the Brander Lodge Hotel. Sadly a visit in January is not likely to find our Rural Restaurant nor any other Restaurant or Hotel busy, it is always quiet in this area following Christmas and New Year and well outside the tourist season.
This is the reason the Restaurant would have been empty and difficult to create an atmosphere in an empty venue, I am sorry you felt that way.
This I may well add, does in no way excuses poor service and disinterested staff so I apologise for this.
We have a very small staff and I have been informed on many occasions how obliging, polite, efficient and friendly they are so I am shocked to receive your review and to think the staff have let the side down so badly and offered up such a disappointing evening for you.
This never has been nor ever will be our aim in business and I assure you I will endeavor to see this never occurs again.
I would hope that should you ever be in this area again that you may consider paying us another visit so we can make amends for your disappointment.
I take this opportunity to wish you well for 2013.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed at the brander lodge for about two to three months for work reasons. Would be more than happy to stay again as it's very friendly. The rooms are always spotless with great wifi just a shame about the 'jammy dodgers'. The food is top class from anything simple to fine dining. Would highly highly recommend staying at the brander lodge and hope to be back soon. Davie :)

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Davie (OKaBike)

Thank you for your review I am so glad you enjoyed your lengthy stay with us and found all we offered to be so good. It was enjoyable having you here for sure and I for one hope that you make it back again at some other point in time.
As for the Jammy Doggers hahaha I have banished them from our stocks so promise you my friend that something nice will take their place upon any return visit you may give us.

I trust all is going well with you and you are still enjoying your work.

Dave ;-)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Well what a pleasure to be back at the Brander Lodge but in Winter this time, thought a winter bagging of Cruachan was in order so my partner and I came to do just that.
The welcome at Brander Lodge was as warm as the Peat Fire in the Lounge, Dave was so welcoming it was like returning home after a lengthy trip abroad lol My partner couldn't believe that I had only met Dave on one previous visit and I guess to some people it could come across as a bit forward but NO, Dave is genuinely friendly and just happy to have repeat customers which from all accounts he has many.
We stayed two nights and eat in the bar both nights surrounded by regular guests all of which were Electrical Engineers working long term in the area. Great craic between all including ourselves and many a tale of their times spent at their favourite Home away from home the Brander Lodge. Dave has a huge following amongst these guys and appears to have endeared himself well to all. The girls behind the bar had great report with everyone and the atmosphere was fun and relaxed.
Our first attempt at the climb was thwarted by the weather however on the second day we conquered and such a clear day we had views for miles. Would recommend this Hotel and Area for climbing anytime. Stunning scenery, great hospitality, good craic and comfortable beds with such wholesome food I could live here quiet easily.
Once again Brander Lodge you have excelled and made our trip north so well worth making. We will be back and will introduce more of our friends, can't thank you all enough. Brilliant Stay. All the best with the continued improvements as well Dave and don't lose heart Rome wasn't built in a day. What you have is spot on and your friendliness forgives any slight imperfections. Great value and worthy of a higher star I would suggest. Staff are tops as well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Phillip thank you for your lengthy review and so glad you made the return visit this time with your partner. Sorry about the weather the first day but glad we managed to organise a cracker day for the second one. I still have not climbed Cruachan having been here almost three years now and feel when I do manage to get to the top it will be via helicopter.
The improvements are still happening albeit slowly and I have taken you points on board so slightly less frustrated lol.
It will be great to have you and even more friends up here away from the big smoke of London again at sometime and I assure you we will endeavor to ensure your next stay will be as enjoyable.

David
Argyll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Not the plushest hotel in the highlands but this is more than made up for buy Dave and his friendly staff, I'm one of those crazy vegans and they are bending over backwards to cater for me (this is very unusual in most hotels) the food they have been producing for me has been excellent. Also this is a very beautiful part of Scotland, well worth a visit.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank peter l
David K, Manager at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Peter

Thank you for your favorable comments re your stay with us while working in the area. I am so glad that you found the staff obliging in their quest to service you with meal choices to suit your Vegan diet.
This goes along with out efforts to make all guests experiences be ones of a Home away from Home nature so I am glad we are achieving that goal in the main stream of things.
I hope life is going well for you and we look forward to you dropping in again should you ever find yourself in the area whether on business or pleasure.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed here for almost 3 months, working locally. I really enjoyed my stay there. The food was excellent and changed almost daily, I never got bored of the menu or the meals in all that time which is a credit to the kitchen staff.
The rooms had everything I needed, comfortable beds, bath and shower, flat screen tv and dvd player, nicely decorated and was really warm. This was especially handy for drying out the work clothes ready for the next day. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want and more. The hotel would also make a pack lunch if requested.
All In all the hotel has a great atmosphere and wonderful staff, nothing was a problem to Dave and is team and they made you feel very very welcome. There are all a lot of fun and enjoy having the craic. It was the highlight of my day returning to the hotel after a days work and I will always enjoy returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ScotlandsMRhonest
Well Scotlands Mr Honest, thank you for you review it is much appreciated. Our motto a Home away from Home seems to be working and I am delighted you enjoyed your long stay with us. There can not be much worse I guess than having to live out of a hotel away from home and family for so long, so I am glad you found everything we do and supply to your liking. It is regular company employees who are stationed here so often that the staff and myself enjoy and you all seem to fit in like one of the family which is great for all concerned.
I am not sure exactly who you are as so many long stay clients but I do hope we can be of service to you in the future and that you will find us just as welcoming and the catering and accommodation likewise.

Arbroath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed at the brander whilst doing rescue training on the river awe and fall of lora.owners,staff were amazing a great place and superb banter.will be back next year for sure..!!!! Food and service was also brilliant I would recommend the brander to any one..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
David K, Owner at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Well what a nice surprise to get such a pleasant review from you Allan and the RNLI training group. We have been delighted to get your business and have your training groups stay with us whilst perfecting your skills in the tricky tidal waters of Loch Etive and the rapid flowing waters of the river Awe.
I commend your group for their voluntary work dedicated for the saving of lives in difficult water conditions and my staff and I take a keen interest in your training techniques some of which were demonstrated within our grounds.
We are so glad that you have all found our humble premises to your liking and that we have made an impression upon you to such a good extent. We are looking forward to your return visits several that have been lodged into our booking system for next year.

We would like to extend to you and all involved with the RNLI the warmest of Greetings for the Festive Season and for a Healthy, Safe and Prosperous New Year for 2013.

Feel free between training visits to call in and see us anytime, you will be of course shown our usual welcoming hospitality.

Once again thank you for taking the time to pass on your appreciation via TripAdvisor it is much appreciated and goes a long way to help us promote the business and establish our ownership term of the premises and of course give my staff team great encouragement to continue their great efforts.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taynuilt
Taynuilt Hotel
#1 of 13 in Oban
Taychreggan Hotel
Taychreggan Hotel
#2 of 3 in Kilchrenan

Been to The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro? Share your experiences!