We recently stayed at The Brander Lodge over Easter and to celebrate my boyfriend's mothers birthday. We arrived to the most spectacular weather. Blue skies and sunshine (albeit it a bit Brrrr) but Brander Lodge looked lovely set back against Loch Tay and the surrounding scenery. David and his staff could not have been more helpful ahead of our visit, helping to organise surprise birthday flowers and cake, much appreciated. Brander Lodge is set in magnificent surroundings and is very welcoming and homely. The rooms were clean and beds most comfortable, again with fabulous views. After a long day out we boked dinner in the bistro, which was delicious and of outstanding quality. The steaks were HUGE and incredibly tasty. The seafood linguine was reviewed as the 'best ever had.' Lovely wine list too. Breakfast was extensive, filling and very tasty and served with swift, warm, efficiency. If I had any criticism it would be that it was rather cold after dinner in the bar and lounge so we all retired to bed early than we would have done normally but also understand it's a rather big area to heat up. The bedrooms could also do with a bit of tlc, especially the bathrooms, to match the magnificance of the setting especially. However, we would definitely visit again and look forward to it. Many thanks and we look forward to out next Scottish adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have now reached 3 star rating with the completion of the new ensuites. Warm, welcome, friendly hospitality is offered in this family owned and operated country Hotel & Bistro quietly set in three and a half acres of landscaped gardens in the shadows of Ben Cruachan at the mouth of the historic Brander Pass. We have 21 rooms all en-suite compiling a combination of singles, twins, doubles and two, two roomed family rooms. The Hotel has an ongoing refurbishment program and will be carrying out further upgrading of facilities late Winter early Spring 2015/16 as business permits, with minimal disruption to guests as it shall be completed in closed off stages. Our Menu offers freshly prepared and locally sourced food where possible and portions are generous with a more homely nature, wholesome and hearty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Brander Lodge Hotel And Bistro
- The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro Taynuilt, Scotland