“Beautiful place”

The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taynuilt
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

What a wonderful peaceful hotel, the staff were so helpful and the food was both delicious and very reasonably priced. Both my husband and I will certainly come back here again. We discovered it by accident and are so so glad we did.

• Stayed May 2013
David K, Manager at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review. It is nice to know that our humble wee hotel meet your expectations and that I guess the things that urk me, that financially we have yet to improve, slipped your notice or were compensated by the better points of our operation here.

It's hard when we live on premise and see is day in and day out and it gets to the stage that you forget just how much you have improved it and only notice what is still wrong.

Reviews like your go a long way in boosting my morale in particular and I thank you for that.
If I ever win that elusive Lottery I shall make this place the perfect destination we strive for.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A group of 7 of us walkers stayed for 2 nights at Brander Lodge and we would all recommend it. The staff were obviously happy, in fact one of them said what a lovely boss she had, and this gave the hotel a most pleasant atmosphere. One of our party had dietary problems and they were treated by a very smiley waitress with good grace so we didn't feel we were making life difficult for them. I phoned David a number of times about various things and he always sounded so laid back and unflappable. It was great to meet him and find that he was just the same in the flesh! We never normally go back to the same place twice but we are now considering returning to finish off the mountains we didn't manage to do next year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
David K, Owner at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Della how lovely to receive your positive review and to have confirmed how much you and your fellow climbers enjoyed your stay with us.

It is comforting to know that the team was so obliging in every way and to know that our methods of welcome and management on a family friendly basis are being followed by the team we have.

We look forward to your return to conquer Cruachan and feel honoured that we at the Brander are the ones to break your tradition of not returning to a Hotel.

Warwick, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

my sister and i both come from managing hotels with accom in OZ we had been travelling by car.. Ireland the Uk and Scotland over a month..We would stop Vik would run in sus the place out come back with thumbs raised or down .. we were not looking for 5 star we were looking for warmth..hospitality..cleanliness... and a feeling that we had family on the other side of the globe .people we would want to visit again.. We would book a night and usually stayed a night ..Brander lodge ..well i have goose bumps on the back of my neck ..we didnt want to leave .. if our trip hadnt been coming to an end and we had known about them earlier we would have used Brander Lodge as our base..David and Sheila made us want to explore their magnificent country ..and we did .. congrats to you and your family ..I recommend to all aussies travelling

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Trudy51_13
Such a special review and I do know how you feel, we shall never forget your visit and long for the day you can both return and complete your discovery of Scotland and in particular the Western Isles.
It's lovely when like minded people click and when one is confronted with such bubbly personalities as you both possess it becomes so easy for the best to be bought out in others. The staff and ourselves often talk of the time you spent with us and how hard it was to say goodbye.
Your review has pride of place on the staff notice board and like us everyone awaits the day you can both come stay again.

We wish you a fabulous remainder of 2013 and many good years to come.

zanzibar
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Greetings from Africa Dave ,family and Tam !
We arrived back to our African sun safe and sound....
A quik thankyou for making us all feel at home..we were quit a large traveling group from us oldies to the small ones ,and you managed to please us all!

I can say that my biggest suprise was Tam and his expertise creating some simply wonderful delights in his kitchen!Loved the Venison!!Really enjoyed chatting with him because of our mutual proffesions.

We feel we missed your property at its best tho due to the nasty weather! I could just visualise how gorgeous your property must be when all is green and everything in full bloom!
We would have loved Mother Nature to be a bit more gentle with us ,but she had other plans!!

We appreciated that there were movies for the children,toys in your one lounge,books and the wii fi was great for us still doing business long distance!

Another touch we like is coffee and tea or hot chocolate in the rooms and those lovely biscuits.
Nice way to start the early morning ,while gazing out the window watching the "cluck" sisters and the beautiful Stag that frequented the property!

Again, thankyou so much and Karibu Zanzibar !!

Room Tip: some rooms are very small,managable but a bit tricky if you are two people with extra luggage.We wer...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much from a fellow Hotel owner for the review and your comments about Tam the chef. It was lovely to meet you all and have you with us at the Brander Lodge and so glad you enjoyed your stay weather aside. Should you visit again we will hopefully have the larger family suite completed with showers in each bathroom and will be able to accommodate you with more space.

I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your business in the future.

Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Thanks Dave for having us was nice to feel at home after a long drive.
Good food and a good bed to sleep in!!
Keep up the refurbishment!
Scotish stars ahead of the (Regent hotel) in town the poor old girl!!
Which needs a good fix up!!!! Was so run down...
Thanks dave...

Paul Power.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks Paul, it is gratifying for a Kiwi to get praise from an Aussie :-) so glad you enjoyed your time with us and the Lamb Casserole. We will keep on with the refurbishment as time and funds permit and hopefully we will be able to encourage you to come back and visit again, use us as a base stop for branching out to so much of Scotland withing a comfortable days drive and back.

Once again thank you for reviewing your stay it is much appreciated.

London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We recently stayed at The Brander Lodge over Easter and to celebrate my boyfriend's mothers birthday. We arrived to the most spectacular weather. Blue skies and sunshine (albeit it a bit Brrrr) but Brander Lodge looked lovely set back against Loch Tay and the surrounding scenery. David and his staff could not have been more helpful ahead of our visit, helping to organise surprise birthday flowers and cake, much appreciated. Brander Lodge is set in magnificent surroundings and is very welcoming and homely. The rooms were clean and beds most comfortable, again with fabulous views. After a long day out we boked dinner in the bistro, which was delicious and of outstanding quality. The steaks were HUGE and incredibly tasty. The seafood linguine was reviewed as the 'best ever had.' Lovely wine list too. Breakfast was extensive, filling and very tasty and served with swift, warm, efficiency. If I had any criticism it would be that it was rather cold after dinner in the bar and lounge so we all retired to bed early than we would have done normally but also understand it's a rather big area to heat up. The bedrooms could also do with a bit of tlc, especially the bathrooms, to match the magnificance of the setting especially. However, we would definitely visit again and look forward to it. Many thanks and we look forward to out next Scottish adventure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing so constructively, I have taken on board your comments on bathrooms and heating both of which we hope to work on over the next few months. The staff and I were glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we could organise the cake and flowers for the Birthday Girl.

I passed your praise onto the chefs re the food which I assure you went down well. The team certainly enjoy a fed back from guests and it boosts moral when I am such a hard taskmaster.

We all look forward to your return and wish you well for the future.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here while working in the local area and I have to say that I always looked forward to my evening meal in this place. Great food and it's hard to say that I've matched the same great food 6 nights in a row in any other hotel. Did I mention FREE wifi and great service?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
David K, Owner at The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Fazz79

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything including all meals, nice to know we are doing things right for some folk anyway.
As for Free WiFi.....am I missing a beat here, is this something I can charge for!!!!
seriously I am glad you enjoyed the Free WiFi it is nice to be able to provide a service for free. I hope business brings you back to us at sometime in the future and I wish you well.

David Keat
Owner/Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taynuilt
The Taynuilt
#1 of 2 in Connel
Manor House Hotel
Manor House Hotel
#1 of 13 in Oban

Been to The Brander Lodge Hotel & Bistro? Share your experiences!