“weekend break .”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tighnabruaich
Tregortha Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at the tregortha with my two sisters we had a lovely time the rooms were really very comfortable the views were really beautiful the breakfast was really very enjoyable and the service was first class I would recommend it for a nice break .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Tregortha Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 23 February 2014

When we stayed at the Tregortha we were pleasantly surprised to find it was almost a home from home. Our bedroom was tastefully decorated, lovely, clean and very comfortable. The Tregortha is very good value for money. Breakfast was very good and I had the nicest 'hash browns' ever. The owners of the Tregortha (Ellen and Ken) were absolutely fantastic, both hosts made us feel very welcome. My husband and I love a weekend break from work, and over the years many places have been disappointing but this is one of the nicest places we have stayed in. Ellen is wonderful, bubbly and a mine of information about the local area. The Tregortha owners offer a very personal touch that is missing in many bed and breakfast establishments. I would definitely go back to visit Tighnabruaich and especially to stay at Tregortha.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

What a beautiful bed and breakfast in an idylic setting, owners were so friendly, room was spotless and spacious with amazing sea views. We were very lucky with the weather also as it was a beautiful sunny day.
We stayed one night and wished it was longer, Tighnabruaich is gorgeous and great base to visit Tarbert via the ferry at Portavadie Marina, and Isle of Bute via the ferry at Colintraive. We would defo return and stay at the Tregotha again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 with sea views from both the room and the bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had just spend the first part of week with friends at Nethybridge in Inverness-shire and wanted to break up my journey to Cairnryan for the ferry home. Tighnabruaich was what I was looking for - peace, tranquility, scenary and a sense of remoteness without going to an island. Ellen and Ken did a great job at making me feel welcome and the freedom to come/go as I wanted. The room was clean and comfortable with a view of the sea. With only four rooms, meeting the other guests took place around the breakfast tables in the conservatory with everyone very happy with discovering this gem of a guest house. The Scottish cooked breakfasts were great and set me up for the day. This place is good value for money

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Having suffered an illness we needed to get away for a couple of days. We chose a wonderful week and the sun was shining on Argyll. The Tregortha is a lovely house above the village of Tighnabruaich. Our hosts were friendly and helpful. Our room was nicely appointed and the views were gorgeous.Breakfast was served in the conservatory and was cooked to order and filling. Ellen was happy for us to soak up the sun in the front garden and was concerned for our comfort.We would return if visiting Tighnabruaich again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a wonderful little guest house and offers superb value for money. Our room (& bathroom!) had a wonderful view over the sea to the Isle of Bute and was comfortable and well provisioned. The owners were friendly & hospitable and breakfast was tasty and generous.
The guest house is well positioned for exploring this little finger of mainland and offers some pleasant walking. We found plenty of options for eating out in the evening too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roecoco
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed one night, I wish it could have been more!
The B & B is situated in a beautiful location with spectacular views, it's the first place I have stayed with a "loo with a view" - beautiful views over the Kyles of Bute!
We were warmly welcomed and shown our lovely bedroom, everything about the room was lovely, the decor was fresh, bright and very clean.
Breakfast was great, served in the conservatory to make the most of the view. Our hosts were smashing.
Tighnabruaich is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I can't wait to return, pity it's 500 miles or so away from where we live!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tighnabruaich
The Royal an Lochan
#2 of 3 in Tighnabruaich
Portavadie
Portavadie
#1 of 1 in Portavadie

Been to Tregortha Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!