“A hidden gem”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: B & B and Restaurant in Tighnabruaich village
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Fabulous find. Highly recommend food, service and surroundings. My Daughter asked for cheesy beano panini (an unsual concoction I know) the staff made her it despite having to reclean her sandwich toaster. I had seafood Wonderful!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

At a stop on a day trip on the Waverley paddle steamer, we had an outstanding lunch at the Burnside Bistro. I had booked a table for 5 and we were delightfully greeted by Joyce, the owner. As offered, she had prepared platters of local seafood ready for our arrival - hot and cold langoustines and scallops with black pudding and salad. The quality and quantity were perfect, as was the fast service. We were advised to see how things went before ordering any main course and that was good advice! Still, everyone ordered something from haggis paninis to soup, chowder or fish and chips, all of which were great. Thanks to Joyce, David and the staff!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Awesome langoustines to start. Lovely, friendly folk. Would highly recommend. We were only in Tighnabruaich for 1 night. Will stay longer next time and will certainly eat here again.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Now living in the area and have eaten here twice or three times. I popped in for a late lunch mid week and on the special board were pan fried scallops on a summer salad or words to that effect. The dish has ruined all scallop dishes for me as I don't think I will ever have that good again.

They were amazing, wasn't sure about the pear in the dish but it was truly spectacular, well done.

I will be a regular no doubts about that.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We came off from the waverly and just had an hour the burnside is a bit of walk and there was a lot got off ..but the staff were all ready and very pleasant and the food we got was very nice it's a pitty we had to rush our meal and get back ..i have drove there in the past and thought it looked expensive ..wrong you dont get ripped off like other places