“An unexpected delight”

The Barn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We arrived in cold, wet weather with a baby and a toddler. The welcome was warm, friendly and enthusiastic. Grandparents, mum and dad and children were offered the Snug with table, settee, toys and a carefully guarded log-burner. This was ideal as it provided a relaxed environment for us all. Food was first rate and service second to none. A big thank you from us - we will be back!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went on Sunday 12 th of may for breakfast , a full breakfast we ordered wasn't the best n no beans or tomatoes , sausage good black pudding lovely , egg cooked at high temp so way over cooked like the potato scone n the toast well it was bread that was hot n not toasted . Price as most places in tignabruaich over priced for what u get, funny all the business ,s complain how quiet it is but yet still charge way to much, tea was lovely hot n strong , scones that we took away were good but at £1.80 each they shud be ridiculous price for a scone with no butter or jam , didn't realise till I,d paid how much a scone was. The barm is a lovely place but yesterday unlike last time it looked like girls day out for the staff . Will I go back prob will they serve me wait n see.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Have enjoyed several good lunches here, staff always pleasant, several nice seating areas to chill out in, surroundings very pleasant....lovely.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stopped in for a warming cuppa on an extremely cold spring day. Sat in a lovely wee room with comfy couch and roaring log-burner. Very welcoming, chatty but not intrusive, staff. Had the best scone I've had in years and when I complimented the baker she came out for a chat and ended up giving me the recipe which I've tried and though my efforts are not yet as good, they have real potential.
Great coffee and my husband had an exceptional lemon drizzle cake.Lovely views from the gardens and a small but interesting gift shop.
We plan on trying lunch or dinner next as the menu looks really interesting.
Really can't recommend enough.

1  Thank mairi4416
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We've had the pleasure of visiting The Barn on a couple of occasions now and, as regular visitors to Tighnabruaich, we plan to visit many more times.
The food really is the best around, even the so-called fine dining 'competition' can't match it for quality and portion size. Haggis croquettes and the black pudding, goats' cheese and red onion marmalade are to die for and there are loads of lovely other items on the menu.
Service is also outstanding, very friendly without being intrusive, and we were lucky enough to get a lift home from one of the wonderful staff :)
All in all I just can't fault this place. Well worth seeking out and a place you'll want to return to.

2  Thank Jacqui K