Following the recommendation by a certain Tom Kitchin for the "Royal" my wife and I had a FAB night at the hotel. The location of the hotel is superb and is enhanced even more if the weather is kind and it was spot on when we were there. We just sat outside happily topping the tan on the hotel's reasonably priced Sauvignon Blanc!
The staff of the hotel from the moment we checked in were as good as I've seen in any hotel and I've been lucky enough to stay in a few 5* ones who didn't have the 5* staff of the Royal.
The mine host is also the Chef & he does no mean job, that's why Mr Kitchin likes it, menu was concise but suited our tastes! Couldn't fault what we had and we managed to share a Banoffee cheesecake to boot! Smashing!
For what we paid for the deal it was a steal! We will be back, for sure..................! Keep up the good work!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland