A two hour drive from Glasgow with some "via" options on the way, Tighnabruich is quite accessible from the Central belt.
We wanted a quiet couple of nights away from home and chose the Royal an Lochan for it's reputation, not necessarily gained from Tripadvisor.
We did indeed have a voucher and were apprehensive as to our reception. No worries on this as Keith and Christine made us extremely welcome, and in fact Christine who multitasks, even gave us a wee history lesson on the locale. We chose a sea view room, the scenery being quite mesmerising, at night being illuminated by the full moon!
The food was very good, with an emphasis on fish but other options are available.
It is a Victorian hotel, built to service the many travelers who arrived by steamer from ports further up the Firth of Clyde and Glasgow.
It is very comfortable and we enjoyed the open fires with a refreshment before our evening meal. Staff very pleasant and service excellent.
We would hope to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland